Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: -1 CoryM465 False Paypal Claim. Finalized PG 7

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just shipped three packages, all three arrived 4-8 days late due to the fact USPS is still backed up from the 4th of July break.

Also, the fact he lives 90 minutes from you is irrelevant. Anytime a package is mailed USPS it is transported from the shipping facility to a state hub, then Routed to the receiving hub.
    when life closes doors on you, blow them off the hinges.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    I understand your frustration, but it's one of those things where you need to wait for the shipping company to declare it lost before you can expect a refund from either the carrier or the seller.
    Exactly.

"I'm asking for a refund, because I believe the package has been lost." Does not past muster for the USPS.

Despite you're beliefs. It isn't lost until they say it's lost. The appropriate thing to do would have been to wait until it was deemed lost, and we would have addressed the issue at that point.

How you are able to deem the package lost three weeks prior to the USPS being able to declare it lost is beyond the scope of my understanding.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    #1) You have anywhere from 90-180 days to file a successful claim via paypal. One day, only five or so days in, is not going to kill you.
    #2) If USPS tracking has not indicated a "dead letter", and the item is still actively tracking, there is no breach in contract. A seller can not be held to account for shipper misconduct, unless you can demonstrate negligence. None noted.
    #3) If anyone is gifting paypal to people they do not actually know, they are a fool. If anyone is caught ASKING for a gift of a paypal, I will burn your account on the tree of woe.
    #4) I would suggest everyone start acting like adults. There is still a code of conduct, and it's being broken pretty regularly in this thread.
    #5) A negative feedback from a SME? Yeah, I'm not buying, or selling, anything to them. Sorry.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamKAC View Post
    USPS picked it up at 10:30 on the 8th, at 9PM on the 11th you emailed me requesting a refund. Tracking said it wouldn't arrive until the 13th. There is no justification for that. Plain and simple.

Your comments about our current administration, or kool aid are uncalled for. This isn't GD. Let's conduct ourselves like gentlemen please.

Any reasonable person would realize the most appropriate thing to do in this situation is to wait out the post office. You didn't specify a delivery timeframe, and instructed me to use whatever shipping method I desired.

I never told you to "pound sand", I stated there wasn't anything I could do to help you, considering the post office stated they were still in the process of delivery.

This has escalated to insane proportions of unrealistic expectations.
    Honestly when I looked at the tracking, I didn't notice that wasn't shipped until the 8th. It was 6 days after I had paid you and 5 days after the day you committed to shipping the package. Which you missing that date by a couple of days isn't a big deal, poor etiquette but not a big deal. I would have been a pretty understanding had you pointed that out.

"there wasn't anything I could do to help you" Which is politely telling me to pound sand. It isn't you couldn't do anything, you refused to do anything.

But maybe you're right, in that it hadn't been that long since you shipped. If it arrives today or later this week, than great. However, that brings us to the fact that it took you 4 days to ship a package after I had paid you for a barrel you had in hand. This is borderline unacceptable and seems is probably what led to all of this.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by corym465 View Post
    Who does??? None I deal with. I'd start listing them off, but I'm not sure if that'd be okay because this is a sponsored site.
    It's pretty common on eBay, as well as other sites. I bought some ammo recently online and insurance was an extra charge. Can't remember where it came from as I used that gun bot tool to find it.

When I bought an Elcan optic at $2,175 from an online retailer that used flat rate shipping from the post office, it was only covered for $100. I didn't find that out until after I received the package a day after it said it had been delivered.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    #1) You have anywhere from 90-180 days to file a successful claim via paypal. One day, only five or so days in, is not going to kill you.
    #2) If USPS tracking has not indicated a "dead letter", and the item is still actively tracking, there is no breach in contract. A seller can not be held to account for shipper misconduct, unless you can demonstrate negligence. None noted.
    #3) If anyone is gifting paypal to people they do not actually know, they are a fool. If anyone is caught ASKING for a gift of a paypal, I will burn your account on the tree of woe.
    #4) I would suggest everyone start acting like adults. There is still a code of conduct, and it's being broken pretty regularly in this thread.
    #5) A negative feedback from a SME? Yeah, I'm not buying, or selling, anything to them. Sorry.
    What's an SME?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If you don't pay for USPS insurance it seems you can't file a claim.

https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm
    Lost, damaged, or delayed items? You can file a domestic claim for insured, registered, or COD shipments or submit an inquiry for international shipments.

That being said, complain to the originating post office and the receiving post office. I filed a claim before (you have to wait 30 days) and the package was mysteriously found. Maybe just complaining will help since you can't file a claim.

As for the buyer, this isn't his first rodeo with negative feedback either. Dano5326 an SME (Subject Matter Expert)

This is another reason I avoid Paypal. I had a similar situation where the buyer filed a claim with Paypal for something on eBay I sold before the package was scheduled for delivery.
    I had already withdrawn my funds because I knew what was going to happen. They tried to yank the funds out of my bank account. Never again.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    It's pretty common on eBay, as well as other sites. I bought some ammo recently online and insurance was an extra charge. Can't remember where it came from as I used that gun bot tool to find it.

When I bought an Elcan optic at $2,175 from an online retailer that used flat rate shipping from the post office, it was only covered for $100. I didn't find that out until after I received the package a day after it said it had been delivered.
    I don't do much business with ebay or any business that nickle and dime me on shipping of $100+ purchases.

If that was a reputable retailor and something happen to your optic in shipment, they'd replace the optic and deal with the carrier themselves. If that isn't their stance, could you please PM their name, so I could avoid them.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    A SME is a subject matter expert. On this site, that represents a pretty knowledgeable person, particularly in small arms -- usually with a Tier 1 military unit background.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SixEight View Post
    If you don't pay for USPS insurance it seems you can't file a claim.
    If it was priority, $50 insurance is included in all shipments.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast