Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheap but good Lights

Feedback Score
    My bad ... it says shown with OD

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PYRO31888 View Post
    I know ... but look above ... it think it says that the package deal is only with the OD.
    Thats a caption for the picture.

"SureFire G2 in OD shown with Daniel Defense offset mount, SF Z49 and Z32. "

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Cheap but good Lights

Cheap $25
    Good - surefire G2
    black in the box bought it on the EE on TOS
    worth every penny

Feedback Score
    I guess 'better' is relative... If you bought the standard G2 from G&T you get 6 batteries with it. I believe this is in addition to the 2 that it comes with, for $36. That leave you $56.25 (the difference) to find a better mount then CAA.

Viking Tactical mount $19
    Vltor Scout mount $32
    Vltor Offset Scout Mount $56
    Daniel Defense Offset Flashlight Mount $47.45

Although all of these require you to have a rail of some sort...
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 07-27-08 at 23:27. Reason: you quoted spam

Feedback Score
    Yeah ... i forgot that he sells them ... see i was going to buy a 6pl because of the material its made of "metal" but im thinking just get the g2, i mean i wont get it soon , because there is a lot more stuff i need to buy first. like a quad rail for one. but i dont plan on that for a while unless i find a nice one for sale.

Feedback Score
    Hey what is the Bezel and the Tail Cap? and are they necessary for the light?

Feedback Score
    Hey what is the Bezel and the Tail Cap? and are they necessary for the light?
    Bezel is the shroud around the lens. The tail cap is the piece on the end of the flash light. I believe the one on the G2 is a momentary-on button with a twist for constant-on. You can get different tail caps that do different things like push for constant-on rather then a momentary-on switch, tape switches, etc...

Is any of that necessary? That really depends on what you want it to do. Are you going to use it as a weapon mounted light? If not then the most basic G2 will be fine. Although for the additional cost of the isolated bezel, you might consider the G2 LED, which doesn't need the isolation. LED's are affected by vibrations like incandescent bulbs are. Although on an AR (.223/556) that should really be a problem. The other thing you get with the LED version is 12x the usage time. The G2 is rated for around 60 minutes of usable light while the G2 LED is rated for 12 hours. Oh and the new G2 LED's come with what looks like the same bezel as the 6P's. My only guess is that this was done to dissipate heat better which helps with LED and battery life.

Feedback Score
    Ill probably buy that when its time "the G2" and then go up to an LED a few months after that... because who knows how long ill use it, probably wont ever use it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Since the run time on the LED lamp is 12 times as long and a pair of 123 batteries cost at least $3, you'll put $36 worth of batteries in a G2 while the batteries that came already in the G2L are still going. Just something to think about.

Feedback Score
    Ill probably buy that when its time "the G2" and then go up to an LED a few months after that... because who knows how long ill use it, probably wont ever use it.
    If you're going to convert it to LED, you might as well just but the G2 LED in the first place. You'll save yourself $10. Not to mention if you get it from G&T, you get 10 extra batteries instead of the 6 with the G2. Also, if you bought the G2, you would not get the metal bezel the black G2LED has (mentioned previously).

As for a reason to spend more... Well, the G2 series isn't specifically a weapon light system so you can dismount it and use it as a normal flashlight.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast