Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Armament EFAB vs. 'New' AFAB Hybrid Muzzle Brake???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Precision Armament EFAB vs. 'New' AFAB Hybrid Muzzle Brake???

So I am wanting a brake that is not loud like a traditional muzzle brake sold today (was looking at Lantac Dragon).

I am looking to do one thing and one thing only ... Cut Down On Felt Recoil and Muzzle Rise etc. when shooting down my scope so I can see if I hit my bullseye is all!

I have a BCM 16" Mid-Length ELW with supplied Mod0 Compensator ... I notice when I acquire my target through my 14x scope and I shoot ... I lose sight of the target for a second to recoil and rise and I cannot tell if I hit the 3" steel bullseye target in the center of my 10" target At All ... The recoil and rise makes me lose sight for a second so I am not sure where I hit at all most shots.

SO I would like some sort of muzzle brake to reduce this and have a better chance at cutting down this recoil to see my target when I shoot.

BUT I Do Not want something ridiculously loud and obnoxious like most ALL standard side ported muzzle brakes seem to be (For myself and people around me as well ... not a fan of those loud brakes at all)

SO I had asked in another thread what should I be looking at that is a hybrid brake that gives me the reduced felt recoil and climb But at the same time is not loud to to much louder then the standard A2 or current BMC Mod0 compensator.

The choice I ended up with was the EFAB.

So in researching I see they started with the AFAB mini ... then released a improved version somewhat called the EFAB and is great for more SBR's .... BUT now they have a "New" AFAB (not mini) brake that they say takes the original AFAB concept and design and improves upon it with what they learned designing the EFAB ..... SO I would think though the New AFAB may not be light years better or anything, but for my non-sbr 16" Mid-Length ELW BMC barrel AR that the new AFAB would be a perfect choice for my needs and set-up right?

I am Not looking for the flash hider part at all ... so that doesn't matter between the two to me at all.

The ONLY thing I want is the best reduced felt recoil while leaving the sound and blast to a minimal average A2 sound (if it's a bit more I am fine with that... nothing insane you known).

Plus the $40+ dollar savings is nice as well between the two, which could go towards the kinda dumb but I'm sure better accu-washer allignment system they say you must buy along with this (another $25 gone).
    And also for my pickyness and how I like these to "look" nice ... I dig the AFAB looks Much more the EFAB, so that is a plus as well for me along with the price tag.
    And Also I think the EFAB is larger in diameter to help with the SBR's and I would like a slimmer sleeker brake as well if possible (and with a 16" Middy I don't think I need that large diameter).

SO In Closing .... My question is How does the current EFAB compare now with the "Brand New" All New AFAB model hybrid brake for MY current needs and set-up???

Thanks so much for all the help guys!
    Last edited by falconman515; 07-20-15 at 02:20.
    Current Arms:
    - BCM 16" ELW w/13" KMR on Spikes Lower AR-15
    - Arsenal Bulgarian SAM7R AK47
    - CZ Shadow 2
    - CZ P-10c FDE
    - CZ EVO 3 Carbine FDE
    - Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield
    - Sig P365
    - Walther Arms PPQ M2 9mm
    - Ruger Precision Rifle .308
    - Beretta A300 Outlander 12G Shotgun
    - And other stuff I can't talk about

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
    SO In Closing .... My question is How does the current EFAB compare now with the "Brand New" All New AFAB model hybrid brake for MY current needs and set-up???
    I don't think anyone can answer that aside from the manufacturer. Very few people have either of these brakes. Probably no one has used zero.

Additionally, I just want to opine that "tactical compensators" have officially gone full retard. Does the EFAB have biohazard logos as the ports? Good grief...
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So, you started two threads on this same topic.

I guess the best advice is to just pick one. Trial and error is generally unavoidable in this situation.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I don't think anyone can answer that aside from the manufacturer. Very few people have either of these brakes. Probably no one has used zero.

Additionally, I just want to opine that "tactical compensators" have officially gone full retard. Does the EFAB have biohazard logos as the ports? Good grief...
    Those are flux capacitors.
    Anyhow as far as hybrid devices go, they supposedly don't do poorly. TTAG had a test where they at least attempted to quantify differences in performance, similar to the Tuohy shootout, using a light meter in an indoor range.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did you see the shootout results?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ke-shootout-2/

The winner (Precision Armament M4-72) of the shootout report says it doesn't really create too obnoxious of a concussion, unlike most. Plus it will save you even more money @$90.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Paging Dr. BufordTJustice.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I haven't shot the AFAB 5.56 (the new version). I have owned several A2's, PWS FSC556, AFAB mini, the Lantac dragon (a flame thrower depending on the ammo), and now the EFAB. I can't opine on the difference between the EFAB and new AFAB 5.56. However, I'd imagine the AFAB would be exactly what you're looking for. No guarantees though as I have no first hand experience with the new AFAB.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Did you see the shootout results?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ke-shootout-2/

The winner (Precision Armament M4-72) of the shootout report says it doesn't really create too obnoxious of a concussion, unlike most. Plus it will save you even more money @$90.
    I lucked out and found a used VG6 Epsilon long before that test showed how well it worked. And its light too.

That said, my bud bought the M4-72 and the thing blows your hair back when you shoot it! I wasn't expecting that on an 18.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Not to pick a fight, but it's the first muzzle device to have equal or less flash than an A2 (less on an SBR), recoil reduction better than a battlecomp (neck and neck with a KAC MAMS), and blast that is barely worse than an A2 even when indoors.

If you don't like the aesthetic, great. I'd avoid slighting the engineering though.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    So, you started two threads on this same topic.

I guess the best advice is to just pick one. Trial and error is generally unavoidable in this situation.
    Really? Not the same topic at all

I wanted to get a consensus in my first thread what most would recommend for my needs and what I was looking for ... Wanted to know what was the best brake was that wasn't loud as hell was all ... That was an open question looking for many different recommendations not anything specific to make or model like this thread.

Once I seen the EFAB was really recommended I came across the AFAB new model after research and wanted to find out about these two brakes Alone and how they compare (especially since most info is on the AFAB-Mini and not the new AFAB (non-mini), nothing else.

But thanks for the reply I guess.
    Last edited by falconman515; 07-20-15 at 13:01.
    Current Arms:
    - BCM 16" ELW w/13" KMR on Spikes Lower AR-15
    - Arsenal Bulgarian SAM7R AK47
    - CZ Shadow 2
    - CZ P-10c FDE
    - CZ EVO 3 Carbine FDE
    - Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield
    - Sig P365
    - Walther Arms PPQ M2 9mm
    - Ruger Precision Rifle .308
    - Beretta A300 Outlander 12G Shotgun
    - And other stuff I can't talk about