Thread: Best Kukri or machette ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    I really wonder how many guys in the US of A really need/use a large knife {parang, bolo, klewang, matchet, machete}. The guy some pages back that referred to the Woodsman's Pal is on to it.

For the most part, let's face it, those that carry/use large knives in the US of A are looked at sideways by the guys "that know". It's one of those things that's "just not done".

But truth is, the large knife is the most practical tool a guy can have in the woods. Outclasses an ax or a hatchet by miles of usefulness. I carry and use my own home made versions on work managing my ranch here and on my hikes and hunting {24/7/365}. So the OP
    's question is legit.

Who actually makes the best?

I'm talking "factory/production" as mine are the best and I don't make them for sale.

So what IS the BEST out there, for all those stuck with paying cash for something vs making their own?

Last edited by EVR; 05-07-16 at 20:15.
    I accept with sincere belief the doctrine of faith as handed down to us from the Apostles by the orthodox Fathers, always in the same sense and with the same interpretation.
    Pope Pius X