Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP.... VP9 or PPQ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

HELP.... VP9 or PPQ?

Ok guys, I can't choose and I can only buy one. Help me decide.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Which feel better in your hand? Have you shot both? If so which do you shoot better? That would be how I would make my decision.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Basically the same gun except for the mag release. I prefer the VP9 Mag release to the current PPQ which has been crippled up to cater to gunshop polling. But I would call it a total draw between the first gen PPQ and the VP9
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I shoot them both fairly well. I do like the ppq m2 mag release better, however that's the type I'm used to and I'm sure I would get used the Vp9 release with time. Any pros and cons for the different type release?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Basically the same gun except for the mag release. I prefer the VP9 Mag release to the current PPQ which has been crippled up to cater to gunshop polling. But I would call it a total draw between the first gen PPQ and the VP9
    Basically not the same gun in the slightest, and the PPQ comes in two magazine release variants (M1, M2) not old and "current" as you mentioned........I own both (PPQ 5" with Dawson Precision sights see below) and can undeniably recommend them both. The ergonomics on the VP are slightly better for my hand, the sights are far better (PPQ has horrific stock sights) but I prefer the trigger of the PPQ, slightly lighter pull, crisper break and reset. In regards to polymer striker fired pistols, the VP9 and PPQ stand head and shoulders above anything else on the market.

Last edited by Toecheese; 07-22-15 at 21:08.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

HELP.... VP9 or PPQ?

Both great guns, but I personally would take the VP9 every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    VP9.

I believe there are more holsters for it. And I like it better, anyway.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The correct answer is BOTH. Pick the one that points well for you and feels better in your hand.

I slightly prefer the VP9 for the following reasons. But the PPQ is a great pistol regardless.

- Metal vs. Plastic sights
    - Metal vs. Plastic guide rod
    - Better sights on VP9 regardless of material
    - Mag release on my V1 PPQ is a bit thin and can be missed under stress (I won't own the button version)
    - Triggers are a wash depending on your personal preferences

Last edited by HKGuns; 07-22-15 at 21:24.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd would go with the ppq navy but I'm biased!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    With the octane for good measure.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast