Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP.... VP9 or PPQ?

Feedback Score
    Both are good, reliable guns. I would pick the PPQ for trigger and price.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Kept my PPQs, sold the VP9s

Feedback Score
    I don't have any time with the VP9. But I have had my PPQ for 5 years and over 10,000 rounds through it. Very reliable gun just like my glocks, eats any kind ammo also. Put sights on and go shoot it, its a very boring gun to own. My split times are usually quicker with the glock though,the PPQ does not shoot as flat as my glocks do.

Feedback Score
    This thread has been going on long enough we can discuss the different magazine release options of both operating systems/platforms, compare triggers on the Turkish knockmoffs of each platform, and have some shiny new gun catch our eye.

One of the two has a great trigger and the other an even better one. One looks really ugly to me and does not feel good in the hand. I like 1911 style mag releases.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm almost ready to put my PPQ as my duty over my VP9 (current.)

For a couple of reasons. The VP9 is more picky with ammo. Unless i'm using brass, I can prepare for issues. For the PPQ, it'll shoot any ammo so far.

Mag prices are lower for the PPQ - cross compatibility with TP9 stuff (slides included so I can go optic ready on the cheap with a TP9SFX slide)

Only gripes I have with the PPQ: There is a weird rattle with all the PPQ's i've held and owned. I don't know what it is, it may be the slide fitment to the frame.

The VP9's trigger bar spring (It's like a braided steel cable) seems like a failure point compared to the traditional trigger bar/sear that's in the PPQ.

Feedback Score
    Bodhi, what's great is that Safariland also makes a Level 3 6360 holster for the PPQ + X300U if you ever need it.

The PPQ has been ym EDC for the past few years and I love it. Only thing I did was to stipple the grip and add Trijicon HD sights. Magnum Research Baby Eagle 15-rd 9mm mags also fit the Q, too, and they're a few bucks cheaper.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    Bodhi, what's great is that Safariland also makes a Level 3 6360 holster for the PPQ + X300U if you ever need it.

The PPQ has been ym EDC for the past few years and I love it. Only thing I did was to stipple the grip and add Trijicon HD sights. Magnum Research Baby Eagle 15-rd 9mm mags also fit the Q, too, and they're a few bucks cheaper.
    Thanks for the heads up. My safariland for my VP9+ x300 fits my PPQ great. Also fit my p10c very well when I had it.

Is it me or are the trijicon HD's on the PPQ sharp around the edges?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ppq all the way.
    Love mines ...

Trex ragnarok holster for my setup.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    PPQ, eats anything from steel case to +P, really easy to shoot accurately.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a VP9 for a few months years back. It wasn't bad but did nothing Glock didn't do. Sold it and got my money back. FWIW, HK is like Apple in that they retain value. I'm not so anal about polymer pistols anymore. I'd rather spend more time with my Glock or a 9mm 1911.

Now if I were gonna use a pistol as a dedicated suppressor host, then HK as they DO suppress rather well.

Otherwise PPQ is kinda meh. Not bad, just not for me.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast