Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP.... VP9 or PPQ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice PPQ!!! Any issues shooting suppressed? There has been some recent problems reported around the forums last few years, and some have changed out recoil springs.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

HELP.... VP9 or PPQ?

I have both...but I have 1 VP9 vs 4 PPQs...that PPQ trigger makes me smile every time I pull it!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As a matter of fact, yes! It is on the way back from Walther and will be here on Friday. I have only had the gun for 2 months and had the can issue on the first outing. Basically the gun fails to load a round into full battery every few rounds. I did read about the recoil spring fix and called Walther to get one. They told me they now had factory fix and to send it in, I believe they replace the three main springs. When I get it back the gun will only of been gone 8 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikiguya View Post
    I have both...but I have 1 VP9 vs 4 PPQs...that PPQ trigger makes me smile every time I pull it!
    I have a PPQ M1 and love it. However, I'm thinking about picking up a VP9.

Why do you prefer the PPQ? Is it mostly because of the trigger?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

HELP.... VP9 or PPQ?

The trigger is just fantastic. The VP9 also have a great trigger. But the ppqis trigger is smooth and has sich a short reset. Another plus is the accuracy. I get smaller groups with the PPQ. The recoil impulse is more pronounced than the VP9. I prefer the 5" version of the PPQ.
    Last edited by Sikiguya; 07-22-15 at 21:49.

Feedback Score
    Wow, a lot of us here have both. My PPQ is a 40, VP9 is well... a 9. I feel ther trigger is too light for carry on the PPQ. I also broke the front rail stop off mine when using a Streamlight. The Streamlight now lives on the VP9.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    IMO the VP9 slightly edges out the PPQ in most every category except arguably the trigger. I prefer the VP9 trigger. The factory PPQ sights are awful but easily changed. The PPQ M1 and M2 mags aren't compatible.

The VP9 already beats the PPQ in factory part availability and aftermarket support after being on the market just barely over a year.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The VP9 does seem, between the two, the only one likely to break out of niche status (although neither is likely). Both are excellent. Hopefully HK (presuming they stay in business) will bring out a mid-sized (G19) Vp9 soon.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't think you can go wrong with either in the sense both are a quality product, but the PPQ will probably never have the market share, support or acceptance the VP9 had out the gate.

I do like both though.
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I vote VP9. Both are incredible pistols. Only lean towards the VP9 since I'm already an HK guy and hope a VP9 compact comes out at some point that will share the mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast