Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: HELP.... VP9 or PPQ?

Feedback Score
    Never owned a walther but I have owned a VP9SK and I have to say they are nice. Feels great in the hands only reason I sold it is because I just prefer cz or Glock

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    There are several quality polymer striker fired pistols out there. Each having qualities unique and/or similar to each other.
    You’re not kidding. With big names like the Glock, SIG P320, CZ P10, S&W M&P, and others, you can definitely find an option that’ll suit your needs, and a lot of them won’t break the bank either.

Feedback Score
    love my vp9, its ambilever mag release is on point.

Feedback Score
    I've owned both and while the PPQ is a great gun, it just didn't feel as nicely built as the VP9 did.

PPQ - PROS:

Great trigger
    Great Ergos
    One of the most accurate guns I have ever owned
    Super Easy Takedown

Cons:

Not as refined as the VP9. Feels like a cheap copy
    Backstraps were a b*tch to change on mine
    Mags are expensive and the 17rders rattle
    Sights were terrible. Night sights were very dim and the dots weren't easy to pick.
    As good as the trigger was, I felt the reset was too short YMMV

VP9 - PROS:

Great trigger- Better than the PPQ IMHO, and probably one of the best triggers on a striker fired gun.
    Great ergo, made better by being a more customizable grip
    Great sights
    Pricing on par with the PPQs and Glocks

Cons:

A little bigger than it should actually be for a firearm holding 15 rds of 9mm
    It's an HK, so it hates you.
    Being it's an HK, parts are expensive, but not terrible.
    Mags are hard to find locally

Either way, you would have a great gun, and something that is better than a Glock 19 out of the box. The PPQ will give you the option of an ambi paddle mag release, or a switchable button release. VP9 is only available with the paddle release. With size, the PPQ is about the size of a G19, where the VP9 is in between a G19 and a G17. Both were easy for me to carry and conceal.

Take them both out for a run if possible and you can make a decision from there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Falshooter View Post
    It's an HK, so it hates you.
    I must be very special then, because HK does not hate me

BTT Regular SFP9 over regular PPQ all the time. However if one is into competition/target shooting then PPQ SF Q5 Match with new, flat, adjustable trigger feels really good. Think in terms of very good, "glass-rod" 1911 trigger, but better. I didn't have opportunity to shoot it, so I can not comment on accuracy, but trigger really felt incredible.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falshooter View Post
    The PPQ will give you the option of an ambi paddle mag release, or a switchable button release. VP9 is only available with the paddle release.
    This is actually incorrect. There is a VP9-B model now that gives you a standard left side push button release that can be swapped to the right side. It has actually been out for a while now. There is also an aftermarket button release in the works by X Tech Tactical I believe that will allow the push button mag release to work from either side without having to swap it around manually.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    There is a VP9-B model now that gives you a standard left side push button release that can be swapped to the right side.
    And, unlike PPQ M2 and PPQ Classic, both paddle and button versions of VP9 use same magazines (compatible also with P30 and other HK pistols).
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Currently have two PPQ M 1 (Classic ) and have played some with the VP9 . For me , the VP 9 paddle mag release missed the boat.... it`s too small and located where I have to shift my grip to work it . The PPQ paddle mag release can be worked without changing my grip as can the slide stop release . Again , for me , I can`t do that with the VP 9 .
    The PPQ M 1 is the paddle release and the PPQ M 2 is the button release and the mags are not interchangeable as pointed out earlier , however , the P99 mags fit the M1 version and are a little cheaper and more available ..... have 6 of them.
    Again , for me , the VP 9 fits my hand a little better , accuracy is the same ( for me ) , but as others have pointed out , the PPQ does have more muzzle flip ..... but if you put a Sprinco RSA in it , that makes the two almost equal on that score .
    FWIW , some guys over on the Walther Forum have modified the M1 mags to fit the M2 , or vice versa , just can`t remember , which with no problems and say it`s not hard to do .
    Also , in the FWIW category , I`m currently running a Ameriglo Glock front sight and a Dawson rear on my PPQ ..... really simple to adapt it and it`s a much more visible sight .
    That said , Truglo now makes sights for the PPQ that fit with no modifications , which I have on order for a test run .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My first PPQ (PPQ Classic) had the paddle. When I bought the second one, it was at a time when Walther was selling both PPQ Classic and PPQ M2...I opted for the Classic again so I wouldn't have to re-buy a slew of similar-but-different magazines. Clever of HK to avoid falling into that trap.

I'm completely indifferent to button vs paddle release. I activate it with my middle finger and have no trouble working it on either the PPQ Classic or the VP9 without shifting my grip. I actually have to shift my grip more on pistols with the button release than on pistols with the paddle. Interesting that HK has followed Walther's lead and opted for a button release model on the VP-9b. Just goes to show the gun-buying power of the US market, I guess.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sorta on topic, but off comparison; anyone have the new long slide kit for the VP9? It looks cool, but I'm not sure it's worth whatever they want for it. I shoot the regular one quite well, its my most accurate striker fired 9mm, beating the G19 and the X Carry. Because it works well as is, any upgrades would be a huge luxury, but worth considering. I don't really EDC the full size VP9 on account of its size, so I might consider making it even more of a range toy.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast