Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's some good starting NV gear? Looking for optics/goggles, laser and illuminator?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The Armasight/FLIR Spark CORE is the only unit under ~$2,000 worth owning.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    With that, you get gen 1 light amplification with gen 3 image quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    The Armasight/FLIR Spark CORE is the only unit under ~$2,000 worth owning.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Edit: not to say anything bad. It just is what it is. I think it's a good value for what you get.
    Last edited by mig1nc; 11-06-18 at 09:10.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The resolution is phenomenal. The luminance gain is...meh, but for the price it's a helluva performer.

If you're not being shot at, it's more than adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    With that, you get gen 1 light amplification with gen 3 image quality.

Edit: not to say anything bad. It just is what it is. I think it's a good value for what you get.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Indeed. I don't disagree from what I've seen.

I did think of one thing, you can find really good gen 3 PVS-7s for well under $2K these days.

I've never used one, but people tell me they work very well, even if not popular with the cool kids.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterAlex View Post
    Hi there!
    I'm also in the market for a pair of night vision Googles, but the prices seem to be horifically expensive, so if I commit to this, I need to make sure I buy the correct thing. I have done my own research, read tons of reviews like https://nightvisionexpert.net/ , tested several Googles instore as I believ it's well woth testing before I spend my $$$s.
    You can check out several night vision websites, ownthenight, US night vision, TNVC, etc. It depends what your needs are. I could tell you right now that I don’t like pvs7’s. They are too heavy and your field of view is very narrow. In my opinion, at the minimum you should look at gen 3 type monocular type of nvg’s. It sounds like you don’t want anything more expensive otherwise would suggest BNVD’s which are awesome. There will be differences in prices with different resolutions, gain, gate, etc. for any type of gen 3’s. Personally I went for the Harris night enforcers PVS14. They are really clear, durable, light, and reliable. I’ve been enjoying them for more than 5 years. You can always look around different forums aside from this to see if any are posted for used PVS 14’s. I’m thinking about upgrading to dual tubes. Check this out maybe it can give you some insight https://youtu.be/eunrnNP7dwQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Does anybody know if TNVC runs a black Friday sale or any sale for that matter on their PVS-14s?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What's some good starting NV gear? Looking for optics/goggles, laser and illuminator?

Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Does anybody know if TNVC runs a black Friday sale or any sale for that matter on their PVS-14s?
    I believe they do $150 off PVS-14’s and $300 off their Sentinels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Good to know.....guess what I am buying this year...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123