Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about NFA laws (Missouri)

Feedback Score
    Yes I'm hoping my first set of Form 1's are approved w/o mistakes but I believe it may get kicked backed so I'm trying to get a second set of Forms signed & Ready to go.

I'm anticipating my CLEO will sign so I don't have to try the other options but worst case scenario it Looks like trying this is a better option, Just trying to be a little Pro Active than Reactive.

6.2.4 Law enforcement certification. As provided by the regulations, the law enforcement
    certification located on the back of Form 1 must be completed and signed by the local chief of police or
    county sheriff,

the head of the State police, the State or local district attorney or prosecutor, “or such
    other person whose certificate may in a particular case be acceptable to the Director.

”97 Examples of
    certifying officials, other than those specifically mentioned in the regulations, who have been found to
    be acceptable are State attorneys general, heads of district State police offices and certain State court
    judges.

Judges’ certifications have been accepted if the judges preside over courts of general
    jurisdiction having original jurisdiction in all civil and criminal cases or the authority to conduct
    criminal jury trials in felony cases. Generally, State magistrates and constables do not have such
    authority.

NOTE: no official’s certification will be accepted unless the official has jurisdiction over the
    place where the applicant resides
    Last edited by the G Man !; 02-09-10 at 07:51.

Feedback Score
    I have also read else where about C&R & LLC = Owning NFA ITEMS?

Can an Individual have a C&R as an Individual but Also have a C&R under a LLC for the purposes of Owning NFA Items?

Feedback Score
    Ok I have stamp in hand ready to engrave is the federal requirement that the engraving be .003 deep and if your name is John Doe is J. Doe Chicago, il. ok or would it need to read John Doe- Chicago, Illinois?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the G Man ! View Post
    Ok I have stamp in hand ready to engrave is the federal requirement that the engraving be .003 deep and if your name is John Doe is J. Doe Chicago, il. ok or would it need to read John Doe- Chicago, Illinois?
    IL would be ok for the state part since it's easily recognizable. not sure on the initials for the name.

If you need an engraver in the Kansas city area, email me, as there is a great one in Lees summit that handles all of our's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123