Thread: Impact Sport Ear Pro Sudden Failure

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Impact Sport Ear Pro Sudden Failure

My Howard Leight ear pro suddenly stopped working. Does anybody have any idea of what could cause this sudden failure. I did put new batteries in the thing and there is no corrosion or grime on the connectors.

Feedback Score
    Most likely a broken wire or soldering point inside.
    You could try to take them apart but the likelihood of fixing them long term isn't the best.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’ve had a few pairs of the Impact Sports overflow the years. I’ve found them to be adequate ear protection if you can accept the horrible cushions, but you have to understand that they are bottom-level, cheap Chinese electronics and are essentially limited-lifespan disposable items.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The Howard Leight’s work well for the price, but it isn’t a quality product and you shouldn’t expect them to last. The Noisefighters pads are an excellent upgrade (https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/tac...standards.html), though. I have a couple pairs that have seen some use and are still working good for spares and the kids, but I bought a quality product and don’t use them much anymore myself.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well I’ve only had the ear pro for a year, and I guess the old saying is true once again, buy once cry once.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I highly recommend Sordins or DEHP.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have a couple of pairs of the Howard Leights and for the money they are hard to beat. They have lasted for at least 2-3 years now. However, I bought a pair of the Sordin Supreme's and there is no comparison. I look at the HL's as a disposable item that can be easily replaced if need be. They are backups for now. I wouldn't waste the time trying to fix them when I could run down to Academy Sports and pick up a new pair quickly.