Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gunsmith In Fort Worth and Gun Range

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Magnum Sports in Sanger is 200 yards, FMJ allowed. Not as nice as Quail Creek, but Quail is 100 yds and no FMJ.
    Welcome to the area!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Thank all of you for the info.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was just going to ask if Quail Creek's website was wrong on it only have a 100 yard range. I guess I dont consider that long range by any stretch of the imagination.

And all this talk of BBQ up in Roanoke...guess Im making a drive up there this week.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    I was just going to ask if Quail Creek's website was wrong on it only have a 100 yard range. I guess I dont consider that long range by any stretch of the imagination.

And all this talk of BBQ up in Roanoke...guess Im making a drive up there this week.
    Agreed that 100 isn't long. Max is 100 there. Nice benches and shade structures. Well maintained.
    I've read negative comments about the range staff, but the 2 I've encountered were pleasant. Just make sure you read all the range rules posted on the website. Knowing the rules makes for a smoother experience.
    Examples:
    No FMJ
    Don't load mags ahead of time, as the RO will inspect all ammo.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Just moved to the Fort Worth Area and I need a good gunsmith to pin a brake on a AR Barrel. The North side of town would be the best.

I am also looking for some good ranges in the Area. I would prefer outdoor and some with some descent long range stuff also.

Thanks
    Welcome to the area!

Quail Creek? Meh. All I'm going to say is, Be ready to just smile and nod. Busy place.

Good action matches out at Dallas Pistol Club and North Texas Shooters Association. I spend most of my time at NTSA.

Check out White Wing Weaponry in Denton for a local'ish pin job.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    I hang out in North Central Texas, sometimes. I have worked around Quail Creek, but haven't ever been there to shoot. Quail Creek is the place that person shot a .50 cal, and the round ended up hitting someone in their camper at the Texas Motor Speedway, quite a few years ago.

I don't know of any smiths in the area, for pinning. I would sent it off, if it were me.
    You fire to the north at Quail Creek. TMS is south of Quail Creek. It seems the media looked up the closest gun range and blamed it.

IIRC, the real story was it came from a guy that was on his private property. The guy even owned up to firing it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just moved to the DFW area as well. Here is what I have figured out in the month I have been down here.

Depending on exactly WHERE you are there are 2, maybe 3 ranges that are decent.

You may want to keep looking, as there are dozens of ranges in DFW, something for everyone. There is also private membership ranges too. Perhaps your best bet is to get out to some local events and then ask folks where they shoot. NUTS 2015 would be a good place to start.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    You may want to keep looking, as there are dozens of ranges in DFW, something for everyone. There is also private membership ranges too. Perhaps your best bet is to get out to some local events and then ask folks where they shoot. NUTS 2015 would be a good place to start.
    Think you missed what I was aiming at. He asked for LONG RANGE shooting opportunities. I believe I covered the 3 that go beyond 100-200 yards. If there are more than those 3 that go beyond 100-200 yards, I would be interested in knowing about them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Think you missed what I was aiming at. He asked for LONG RANGE shooting opportunities. I believe I covered the 3 that go beyond 100-200 yards. If there are more than those 3 that go beyond 100-200 yards, I would be interested in knowing about them.
    Didn't miss anything, seems you missed my advice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Didn't miss anything, seems you missed my advice.
    what advice would that have been? List out all the ranges that DONT qualify for what he asked for, which would be the majority of ranges in the DFW metroplex?

I am well aware that there are tons of ranges in the DFW metroplex, most of which dont qualify as "decent long range" shooting opportunities.

If he had asked for shotgun ranges I would have listed Dallas Gun Club and Elm Fork and called it a day. He asked for long range and I listed the 3 that I was aware of that had longer than ~100 yards to work with. If you know of any long range ranges that I missed, like I said, I would also like to know about them as well.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Thanks for all of the help.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast