Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $15 an Hour? Not for Long. Robots will outperform you for less.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

$15 an Hour? Not for Long. Robots will outperform you for less.

Welcome to the future:

http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/07/robots-steal-jobs/

The author is correct that the remaining productive class will have to bear the burden of supporting the latest new recruits in the FSA.

The government will be able to swoop in to the rescue by either taxing the companies using automation, or by raising the debt ceiling to kick the can down the road while creating more make-work programs.

It shows the economic ignorance of the power base. Politicians are trying to legislate winners instead of allowing the free market to determine the best business model. That never works out well for an economy because it lards the system with unnecessary rules and roadblocks that always have unintended consequences.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 08-01-15 at 11:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was planning to go back to school soon, a robotics tech degree might be in my best interest.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    I was planning to go back to school soon, a robotics tech degree might be in my best interest.
    Programming isn't a bad choice either...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I say bring on the robots. I'm tired of dealing with my employees.

I'm not kidding. Between all of the bs, not getting the work done right, just doing the minimum all the effing time. It isn't about money or benefits either. People want to be glamorous and sit in front of an air conditioner all day long.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Two words Grey Goo . . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Programming isn't a bad choice either...
    I would think programming would be a bad choice. Remember how history repeats itself. Back in the seventies and eighties programmers were in high demand. Then the software producers put most of them out of business.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Touché

Plus we are at the point where the machines are rapidly approaching parity with human programmers.

Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I would think programming would be a bad choice. Remember how history repeats itself. Back in the seventies and eighties programmers were in high demand. Then the software producers put most of them out of business.
    Brother, you ain't kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Two words Grey Goo . . .
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 08-01-15 at 15:26.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Two words Grey Goo . . .
    I, for one, welcome our new nano mechanical overlords.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Meh. I work in IT. Ill fix their robots.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    Meh. I work in IT. Ill fix their robots.
    Robot Fluffers!!!

I was watching the new season of "True Detective" and one guys says that an E-cig is like sucking on robot cock- which may be a marketable skill.

In all seriousness, I think that it will even more tip the balance between labor and capital in the favor of capital. Own the robots and reap the returns.

Of course, the Progressives will try to divide the robots and claim that the Bro-bots are given the dangerous, lower paying jobs.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 08-01-15 at 18:06.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast