Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 300 blk....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I personally would stick with the 9.5"-12" length for 300 blk (consider length of suppressor attached, if you plan on running one) The round is most efficient within 150-200 yards according to my research and those barrel lengths will provide optimum performance for just that. If you have the money i would consider the KAC mod 2 9.5" or wait for BCM which holds a reputation for great value plus reliability.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    16" Knights Mod 1, chopped to 14.5", pinned MAMS.
    MAMS is without a doubt best comp out there IMO, would suggest not going under 14.5" with it though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophthetank View Post
    MAMS is without a doubt best comp out there IMO, would suggest not going under 14.5" with it though.
    14.5" may be the limit for most with 556 and 762, 300 Blackout can go much shorter. A MAMS on a 9"-9.5" 300 Blackout isn't so dissimilar to the others mentioned.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    14.5" may be the limit for most with 556 and 762, 300 Blackout can go much shorter. A MAMS on a 9"-9.5" 300 Blackout isn't so dissimilar to the others mentioned.
    Tom sorry not sure I catch what your saying, MAMS on a 9.5" 300 blk isn't dissimilar to what others mentioned?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophthetank View Post
    Tom sorry not sure I catch what your saying, MAMS on a 9.5" 300 blk isn't dissimilar to what others mentioned?
    Not so different than 14.5" 556 and 762.

Feedback Score
    Maybe, I should have stated that the uncorking pressures at the muzzle coupled with the volume of gas, a 762 MAMS that works excellent in 16"ish in 762 NATO type rifles will work very well, but without as much gain in shorter 300 Blackout barrels down in the 9"-9.5" region when compared to the 16" 762 NATO rifles. The gas volume simply isn't there to work the brake the same way. It is still a good brake, but wasn't intended for the reduced volume of gas to optimize it. I run a few on those short length 300 Blackouts, there is a gain, but it is obviously not the same gain on those. They still make gains on the small SBR 300 Blackout, just don't expect the same lower concussion recoil reduction as they do in .308. They are better than big open brakes in concussion than others, with a measure of recoil control.
    I prefer using a can pretty much 100% on the 300, so that point is moot on those. For those that don't, don't discount the MAMS on a shorter 300 Blackout.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Maybe, I should have stated that the uncorking pressures at the muzzle coupled with the volume of gas, a 762 MAMS that works excellent in 16"ish in 762 NATO type rifles will work very well, but without as much gain in shorter 300 Blackout barrels down in the 9"-9.5" region when compared to the 16" 762 NATO rifles. The gas volume simply isn't there to work the brake the same way. It is still a good brake, but wasn't intended for the reduced volume of gas to optimize it. I run a few on those short length 300 Blackouts, there is a gain, but it is obviously not the same gain on those. They still make gains on the small SBR 300 Blackout, just don't expect the same lower concussion recoil reduction as they do in .308. They are better than big open brakes in concussion than others, with a measure of recoil control.
    I prefer using a can pretty much 100% on the 300, so that point is moot on those. For those that don't, don't discount the MAMS on a shorter 300 Blackout.

Very true statement. However, if one is in a communist state or situations prevent obtaining an SBR, the MAMS is a heJJ of a suppressor mount. Assuming one has access to a Knights can.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Any problems reported with LMT's 10.5'" MRP 300 BLK barrel?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbynate View Post
    Any problems reported with LMT's 10.5'" MRP 300 BLK barrel?

I'm ashamed to say I own one, but haven't fired it yet. All my reloading/range time has been directed towards my MWS and taking a precision rifle class in a couple weeks.

The 300 blackout will be my winter project. The fit and finish is the same as my other MRP barrels. I'm looking forward to comparing it to a 9" AAC 300blk upper.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast