Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some Omega/Specwar/ASR measurements

Feedback Score

Need some Omega/Specwar/ASR measurements

I'm in need of a couple measurements...anybody that can provide them, post them up.

I know there were older ASR muzzle devices that don't work with the Omega/Harvester BB/Saker adapters.

I need:
    1. Length of old FH/brake
    2. Length of new FH/brake
    3. Distance from opening of Omega (with no adapter/mount installed) to blast baffle

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It took more than a few minutes to find it, but I think this is some of the info you seek.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ppressor/page7
    Look at Post #250
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Thanks!

So is the new one 2.75"? Thus just a .12" difference?

Or is the new one shorter than that?

ETA: link to post #250

Feedback Score
    Got what I need now. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    What other info did you get, for future reference? I am planning a trip to Austin soon, to pick up my Omega, otherwise I won't have it for a couple months. I have about 5 muzzle devices that I need to check for compatibility with the Omega.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    2.87" for old ones. 2.46" for new ones. ~1.60" from opening to blast baffle cone, and ~2.17" from opening to flat portion of blast baffle. (Assuming no adapter installed in tube)

I have a guy making me an adapter to use an Omega on YHM mounts. And also a 1/2-28 direct thread adapter. Both in Ti.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I had a sneaking suspicion that you were up to something along those lines. I look forward to seeing your final product.

Feedback Score
    Looks like you already have what you need, but just thought I'd chime in. Just got my new Omega/Specwar Trifecta flash hider yesterday... Length from the base to the tip of the shortest prong is 2 3/8". Length from the base to the longest prong is 2 15/32".

Feedback Score
    Alright, for anybody interested, here's the first look. Parts came yesterday, and I hope to test fit them in an Omega tomorrow...so more pics coming soon. I'll add some specs after the pics. Goal was to add another can I could swap around on my YHM-equipped hosts. Currently have a couple YHM cans, a couple Sakers with Y-Mounts, and multiple F1 cans with YHM adapters made by the same source.

Here was the first one (not shipped to me), made before I provided DM with the blast chamber length. All he had was the longer version of the YHM FH, so that's what's in the pic with the Omega ASR mount and brake:

And then here's what I got. Longer version to handle 7.62 devices, shorter version for 5.56 and LT versions, and a direct thread:

Another one with the Omega ASR mount included:

And finally one with ASR mount/brake vs YHM mount/LT FH:

Now some specs. All of the pieces I got are Ti, so SS would be a little heavier but less expensive. Don't have cost, yet...but can't imagine it's much different than the other adapters he's made.

Weights:
    Long YHM adapter: 2.9oz
    Short YHM adapter: 1.9oz
    1/2-28 DT adapter: 1.5oz
    ASR adapter: 3.5oz

Short YHM & LT FH: 5.6oz
    ASR & brake: 7.1oz

All the threads (SiCo and DM) are roughly .375".

Total length and outside the tube length (should be roughly .375" different, but I only measured once so could be off by a couple thousandths):
    Long YHM: 1.537"/1.158"
    Short YHM: 1.034"/.660"
    1/2-28 DT: .570"/.193"
    ASR : 1.204"/.830"

Blast chamber measurement provided was ~1.70". The ASR/brake combo and the YHM/FH combo are within .003" of each other from the shoulder to the tip (the portion inside the can). I believe the longer YHM mounts are ~.5" longer than the LT/5.56, and the longer adapter is basically that much longer than the shorter one.

Bottom line to me...I can mount an Omega on my YHM mounts with an adapter that's ~1.5oz lighter and ~.17" shorter. Considering I plan on selling the ASR mount, the 7.62 ASR brake, and whatever muzzle device I choose when I register, it's a no-brainer.

Thoughts? More pics to come once I get my hands on an Omega this weekend.

Feedback Score
    Got some pics of adapters attached to Omega, and Omega mounted on AR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast