Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some Omega/Specwar/ASR measurements

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It looks like you have a good machinist. Thanks for sharing the product.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Just curious since the Omega comes with one, is weight the reason for making the direct thread adapter?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    Just curious since the Omega comes with one, is weight the reason for making the direct thread adapter?
    Comes with a 5/8-24. SiCo sells other thread pitches for $126, and even SS has them listed for $100. I'm hoping to pay about half that price. The weight reduction isn't really even a consideration. Only reason I'm even getting one is try it on my PS90 SBR. 5.56 flat cap, 1/2-28 direct thread, should be short and light. (Everything else has a YHM FH)

I could also use it if I ever needed to let somebody try it out that didn't have a muzzle device.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 08-15-15 at 20:07.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Very cool. I love seeing stuff like this. I wonder if I can convince my business partner to spare machine time for a direct thread mount for my Saker.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Comes with a 5/8-24. SiCo sells other thread pitches for $126, and even SS has them listed for $100. I'm hoping to pay about half that price. The weight reduction isn't really even a consideration. Only reason I'm even getting one is try it on my PS90 SBR. 5.56 flat cap, 1/2-28 direct thread, should be short and light. (Everything else has a YHM FH)

I could also use it if I ever needed to let somebody try it out that didn't have a muzzle device.
    Makes perfect sense. I must have missed the thread pitch on your new adapter. Very cool.

Feedback Score
    As info...if anybody needs the Omega/YHM adapter, I got prices back from the machinist.

As for pricing the direct thread and YHM short will be the same as all other adapters TI $65 and SS $45. The long version will be TI $70 and SS $50.

Prices including shipping.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I guess those come unfinished? I can't remember what you did to your suppressors. Do you plan on finishing these that same as your suppressors?
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    I guess those come unfinished? I can't remember what you did to your suppressors. Do you plan on finishing these that same as your suppressors?
    Yep, unfinished. I did a DIY job with the C-Series Cerakote (air dry, 2000F rated). I may leave these raw, may hit them with the can of high temp grill paint I have in the garage.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Did you have chris at DM make the YHM adapter for the Omega? Looking at adding another suppressor and that would make an Omega almost a no-brainer for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmnielsen View Post
    Did you have chris at DM make the YHM adapter for the Omega? Looking at adding another suppressor and that would make an Omega almost a no-brainer for me.
    Yep. He made the 1/2-28 and the YHM. He has designs to fit the long and short YHM mounts (and obviously the long works on both).

He may have updated the design by now, as somebody was getting him to make the OD to step back up to match the Omega...or at least was trying to. Never saw an update.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast