Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPR optic under $500?

Feedback Score

SPR optic under $500?

(Keep in mind I'm about to start college and I just can't go out and blow $ 800+ On a scope because I want too) Just rebuilt my rifle and went with more of an "SPR"ish take on it. this rifle Might be used if I start getting into 3 gun, probably 500 yard and in but mostly will be a range Plinker, coyote, deer rifle. (Small deer where I live and under 150 yard shots mostly)
    What would be a good optic to run on this rifle? usually I run red dots or irons for the most part. I do have a cheap 1-4x but the glass isn't great and I've beat the crap out of it already.

I was thinking maybe a 2.5 -10x vortex viper because I know someone that can get me a good deal on one, but I'm not honestly sure. I don't know a whole lot about optics or what brands are good / bad so feel free to give me your opinions.

Running on 3 hours but of sleep so sorry if this doesn't make sense

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Vortex Viper 2.5-10x is a great optic for the price, and you can sometimes find the 4-16x for under $500 as well.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    If you call eurooptic you can get the pst 4-16 for $485 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Vortex Viper 2.5-10x is a great optic for the price, and you can sometimes find the 4-16x for under $500 as well.
    Another vote for the 2.5-10x Vortex Viper PST. I got the FFP version, which was about $800 new. You should be able to find a decent SFP optic for around $500.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40mm with Firedot TMR reticle. Excellent scope that fits right into your price range at about $490. Friend of mine just put one on top of his MCX in an Aero Precision mount, very nice glass and very lightweight.

Feedback Score
    Yet another recommendation for the Vortex Viper PST. I have a 2.5-10 and a 4-16. The prices have dropped with the 2nd generation of these optics coming out.
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Keep an eye on the Equipment Exchange.
    I've bought two Leuplods and a Vortex Viper there.
    It pays to look hard and research who you are dealing with.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Dude- John McPhee aka the Sheriff of Baghdad told me about the Millet DMS. I googled it and found that they make a 1-4 and 1-6. I found the 1-4 online for $220, but the 1-6 was only $50 more so I gave it a try. I love it. The reticle is similar to an Eotech so on 1x its simple. Turn it up to 6x and it has dots below the donut for holdovers out to 500 yards. Super simple to use.reticle_brc1.jpg

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I would keep shooting irons.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If you are mainly shooting 150 yards I would stick with a red dot of irons as mentioned above. If you want a varable scope you could look at the 1xX offerings from Swfa. They typically have big sales on tax day. I have their 1x6 and have had good experience with it thus far with most shooting at 600 yards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast