Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon RDS?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbynate View Post
    They are gonna honer the advertised price. If you ask me it was cost price of very close. They have a coupon code to get 12% for a short time if you missed that price. Not as low as I got it for but still a pretty good deal. As for them charging your CC before having them in stock and ready to go. Here is my order as it stands...

Order Date: 8/17/2015 3:43 PM
    Order Total: $447.24
    Balance: $447.24
    Payments: $0.00
    Unprocessed Payments: $447.24

That includes shipping...
    That is awesome. I am glad they took care of you on this. Very professional of them.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Since I was the one who posted about it hitting my card before it was shipped I should update my observations as well. I check my credit card charges online OFTEN. I just looked again today and the SWFA charge is still pending, it hasn't actually hit. Normally a charge is pending for a short time and then it hits the balance. I don't usually see a charge pending this long.

Just wanted to set the record straight on my end as well.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Could they have just put a "hold" for the amount?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    He did say he wasn't planning on doing one because he felt that companies have teams that do those things already. Maybe some sort of test to make sure there is no accidental engagement of the adjustments would have been neat though. Also, if I remember correctly, LAV's Aimpoint T1 test was a by product off of the DD torture test? Unless he did another one that I am not aware of. It was interesting to see how well it performed under magnification as well.
    You are right on all accounts, that he said he thought the company does and also that lav test was the rifle, the aimpoint was just a byproduct. I mean damn though, being dropped from a chopper after getting ran over, shot, submerged, shot and whatever else happened to it.

Would be nice to see what it can take though from an independent source, not just the company.
    Last edited by ubet; 08-20-15 at 08:05.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    You are right on all accounts, that he said he thought the company does and also that lav test was the rifle, the aimpoint was just a byproduct. I mean damn though, being dropped from a chopper after getting ran over, shot, submerged, shot and whatever else happened to it.

Would be nice to see what it can take though from an independent source, not just the company.
    Which I am sure someone will have the courage (and the financial freedom) to do here shortly. Youtube eats that shit up
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This might finally get me off the Eotech dick. I always though the T1 field of view sucked for those of us that shoot with both eyes open.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    1) When someone gets theirs, I'd like to see it compared side-by-side to a T1 or T2.

2) Will it fit on a T1 mount? Not a big deal I guess if other base manufacturers jump in (I'm an ADM guy as of now).

3) On the TOS thread they mentioned the US release was delayed due to Trijicon filling a large order for the IDF. That is good to know, and economy-of-scale manufacture probably explains the nice price (I was wanting a T2, but the nice price on this optic puts that buy on hiatus).
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    1) When someone gets theirs, I'd like to see it compared side-by-side to a T1 or T2.

2) Will it fit on a T1 mount? Not a big deal I guess if other base manufacturers jump in (I'm an ADM guy as of now).

3) On the TOS thread they mentioned the US release was delayed due to Trijicon filling a large order for the IDF. That is good to know, and economy-of-scale manufacture probably explains the nice price (I was wanting a T2, but the nice price on this optic puts that buy on hiatus).
    (1) check out the Haley video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3XyEHSKKRE

(2) No
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WTB:
    Wilcox JPoint mount for Nightforce Recon (P/N 30500G01)
    Wilcox EOTech riser kit in TAN

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    This might finally get me off the Eotech dick. I always though the T1 field of view sucked for those of us that shoot with both eyes open.
    How is field of view even an issue shooting both eyes open with a dot??

I shoot at 10X with both eyes open. Holding an eye closed is fatiguing after awhile.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think the field of view isn't so much the issue as much as the tube - ish effect of an aimpoint...with the larger objective lense, I would think there would be less of the tube and therefore you'll have less of an obstruction...

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast