Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6.8 build plan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Still waiting on my flash hider, but here she is all torques with the rail.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    I went with something similar to your build. I'm using it for Whitetail here in Indiana. 16in DD S2W barrel from Brownells clearance section ($99 black friday deal I scored in 2016!!), DD 6.8 Bolt, Anderson Lower, BCM blem upper, BCM Grip, Stock, and 13in MCMR handguard with a AAC 51T Muzzle Brake for now, will probably be swapping it out for something else.

Topped it with a Trijicon 1-6 Accupoint in a ADM Recon-H mount. Damn thing at 300 yards is 2 MOA when mono-podding off the mag! If I put it on an actual rest I think it would be a MOA gun. Using 110gr Hornady Black Vmax.

Took a couple Doe's on the last day of the season, dropped them both one round. One was shot at 50 yards because I rounded the corner on the trail around bend and she just stood there staring at me, the other was from my stand about 3 hours later at 228 yards.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    I went with something similar to your build. I'm using it for Whitetail here in Indiana. 16in DD S2W barrel from Brownells clearance section ($99 black friday deal I scored in 2016!!), DD 6.8 Bolt, Anderson Lower, BCM blem upper, BCM Grip, Stock, and 13in MCMR handguard with a AAC 51T Muzzle Brake for now, will probably be swapping it out for something else.

Topped it with a Trijicon 1-6 Accupoint in a ADM Recon-H mount. Damn thing at 300 yards is 2 MOA when mono-podding off the mag! If I put it on an actual rest I think it would be a MOA gun. Using 110gr Hornady Black Vmax.

Took a couple Doe's on the last day of the season, dropped them both one round. One was shot at 50 yards because I rounded the corner on the trail around bend and she just stood there staring at me, the other was from my stand about 3 hours later at 228 yards.
    I went with the surefire 3 prong, dd ris II, and not sure what optic I will go with. thinking Mro for now but not sure.

Feedback Score
    The MRO showed a significant amount of deviation when it was tested fyi.

https://www.greeneyetactical.com/201...ight-parallax/

If anybody is still looking for 6.8 barrels JSE is doing a closeout.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharlika75 View Post
    The MRO showed a significant amount of deviation when it was tested fyi.

https://www.greeneyetactical.com/201...ight-parallax/

If anybody is still looking for 6.8 barrels JSE is doing a closeout.
    Not really anymore than the eotech or the other optics to be honest.

Ok got the Surefire 3 prong 762 installed and torqued. Now all I need is the vfg, light, and optic and she is done, but is shootable now.

Feedback Score
    Looks good. If you want a DD VFG shoot me an address and I’ll send you one for free.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123