Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ACOG 4X Discussion

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Battl3fr0nt View Post
    I would say Accupoint.. But still nothing beats the ACOG in speed,FOV and how much it can take... and just how sexy it is.. on the inside and outside
    The Accupoint is a nice optic for certain, but I would say it is more suited to hunting and range work than tactical applications.

Variable power optics are really nice, but pricey for what they are. I love the Short Dot, but in end, it is still only 4x max. On top of that, is like having a brick mounted on top of your rifle. It is one of the heaviest tactical optics out there. The other down side is that you cannot vary the magnification instantly or without taking your eyes off target.

To change the power on the Short Dot, you have to manually twist the dial which requires you to take your sights off the threat. This can be challenging if you are engaged in a running gunfight. I believe that this is where the MURLM shines. I am focusing on the MURLM because I believe it is the best offset MRD mount (soon to be) available. I've played around with the DD and YHM mounts and, while they are good, I think the MURLM has found the sweet spot in its angle. It just, plain works with the least amount of movement and effort on the shooter's part.

It's extremely fast in transitioning and allows the warfighter to engage targets at range and immediately go to CQB if he/she has to enter a structure; all while maintaining the cheek weld and keeping the weapon's sights on target.

I think that variable power optics have their place, such as overwatch, but in a dynamic and fluid combat situation, such as today's low intensity conflicts, I think they are too slow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clasky View Post
    I've played around with the DD and YHM mounts and, while they are good, I think the MURLM has found the sweet spot in its angle.
    So you have tried the YHM angle mount? Could ya shoot some pics side by side of the YHM mount and the MURLM? By the way what is this thing going to cost?

IPSC_GUY
    SIERRA II ALPHA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IPSC_GUY View Post
    So you have tried the YHM angle mount? Could ya shoot some pics side by side of the YHM mount and the MURLM? By the way what is this thing going to cost?

IPSC_GUY
    SIERRA II ALPHA
    I have tried the YHM on a demo gun at the Shot Show, but I do not own one to photograph. The YHM does work, but it requires a much more severe cant. As for price, I can't say because I don't think TNVC has told us yet.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clasky View Post
    I have tried the YHM on a demo gun at the Shot Show, but I do not own one to photograph. The YHM does work, but it requires a much more severe cant. As for price, I can't say because I don't think TNVC has told us yet.
    MSRP $189, listed here: http://www.tacticalgunfan.com/index....d=304&Itemid=1
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234