Thread: Illuminated Nocks

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Illuminated Nocks

What kind are yall running/or not running, and why? Seems like a good idea but second opinions would be great at their price point.

Assuming your using a Firenock ($22 a piece), that doubles the price of my arrow from $20-$40 (broad head included). Buuuut, if I’m pretty much guaranteed to always find my arrow with an illuminated nock, if I find just one arrow, it pays for itself theoretically.

I know there are other brands out there, and Firenock is pretty much the most expensive, but it has replaceable batteries instead of having to buy brand new nocks, which is what initially led me in their direction. On top of that, the battery life was a plus (21 days according to the Firenock website). Thoughts?

My set up is:
    Mathews Outback 28.5”draw
    340gr Beman ICS Hunter Arrows 29”shaft
    Muzzy Trocar 100gr Broad Heads

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Haven't ever used illuminated nocks, but another option is reflective arrow wraps. I've had good luck finding arrows after dark using them and a good flashlight. Cheaper and no need to worry about batteries.
    Last edited by MBtech; 08-18-15 at 10:50.
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've got wraps on a couple which do work pretty well. My prime spot is right along the edge of a thicket so crashing into brambles and briars aimlessly isn't generally the most appealing thing at night. I think I'm going to grab a three pack of Firenocks and give em a whirl

Feedback Score
    I am using nocturnals and love them. Have shot several animals with them and they work as they should

Feedback Score
    You can't go wrong in my book using the lumanocks or nocturnal. Beats losing a arrow and broadhead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm using the Nocturnals and I have no issues with them. I did buy a pack of the blue ones because they were in the discount bin and they do not show up half as good as the red or green. I use them for practice now.
    "One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistence, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

"One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress" --- John Adams