Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Run away ads, redirects

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    That's dangerous. You should make your kids clean up their mess before they go to bed.
    Just like GSD hair, you'd be amazed at the places Legos end up.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    That's dangerous. You should make your kids clean up their mess before they go to bed.

I actually rolled back a few versions of Tapatalk. I couldn't stand the new one & the readability blows, IMO. Go back too far & the picture hosting is spotty.
    Right now I'm in my Tapatalk happy place.
    I got so pissed at the Tapatalk developers for a while they finally just started ignoring my forum posts and hateful emails.

The new Android version is better. It's not perfect but it beats opening up a mobile browser while I'm driving.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FYI - still happening a lot. Tapatalk ad every time I access M4C, then redirect to Uber apps over & over & over....
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If you close the Tapatalk ad bar I believe a browser cookie gets set so the ad won't be displayed again unless you clear your cookies or until the cookie expires. That has always been the behavior in the past at least so I don't think it's related to this issue.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Just happened to me again. Instead of taking me to the app store it took me to a Google website prompting me to install Uber. All I did was hit the back button on my phone's browser and that's where I ended up.

FWIW I tried Tapatalk. I even paid for the premium version. Hated it.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Just happened to me again. Instead of taking me to the app store it took me to a Google website prompting me to install Uber. All I did was hit the back button on my phone's browser and that's where I ended up.

FWIW I tried Tapatalk. I even paid for the premium version. Hated it.

Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Can you do me a large favor? Please post what operating system, browser and any browser add-on's you might be using? It could be useful to folks troubleshooting this.

Thanks.

Latest iOS (8.4.1). No adblock apps of any sort , iphone 5 still happening.

Feedback Score
    Just made a change. Can someone tell me if it's still doing it?
    (Formerly known as Red State Tactical)
    m4carbine.net Technical Support Admin

"Why buy a Raptor when a Dakota will do the same job for less?" - Internet Experts

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Same thing happened to me when I clicked on this thread. Redirected to uber.

iPhone 6 using safari because Tapatalk sucks a fat one.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I keep getting redirects to a "tradeexchange DOT com" website. Using Chrome browswer on a PC will all kinds of ad block extensions. Mostly when I click to go into a thread.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've run quite a few versions of things on what I know to be a sterile Mac, and Windows 7 VM within that MAC. I also used an iPad with Safari, and beyond the initial "Tapatalk Splash" screen, I got no ad redirects of any kind.

If it were my computers, phones and laptops acting the way that is being described, I would be trying upper tier malware finders.

As it is, a known sterile PC and known sterile iPad are not presenting any of the symptoms being described.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast