Thread: Rochester NY Police Purchase Beretta PX4 Storm Pistols in .45 ACP

Feedback Score

Post Rochester NY Police Purchase Beretta PX4 Storm Pistols in .45 ACP

Source:
    http://www.bluesheepdog.com/2008/07/...ols-in-45-acp/

Rochester NY Police Purchase Beretta PX4 Storm Pistols in .45 ACP
    July 24th, 2008 · No Comments
    The Rochester Police Department in New York State has announced the purchase of 775 Beretta Px4 Storm .45 handguns. The department chose the Storm because it was originally designed as a military handgun and was tested in-house at Beretta to pass the 2005 Joint Combat Pistol Program (which was later cancelled). The intent of the JCP program was to procure the most reliable, controllable, ergonomic, accurate, maintainable, and safe handgun for the U.S. Military Forces.

The Rochester PD will be transitioning from Beretta’s Cougar handguns.

“During the 2007 calendar year, the process to select a replacement duty handgun for the Rochester Police Department began, in which seven .45 caliber handguns were tested,” Chief of Police David T. Moore commented. “Beretta demonstrated their commitment to our organization during this testing process by redesigning the original safety lever of the Px4 to resemble the lever on the 92 series and the Cougar series of pistols previously issued to the RPD. That lever is now available on all Law Enforcement models of the Px4.”

“The Rochester Police Department is an award-winning law enforcement agency and is recognized as one of the premier police departments in the State of New York,” Elio J. Oliva, Vice President, Beretta Law Enforcement, continued. “The Rochester Police Department conducted a very thorough evaluation for their replacement duty handgun and they took into account the total life cycle costs of this procurement including training costs, maintenance costs and the very real costs associated with reliability and safety of use and operation. It was a very demanding process and we are proud to have been selected as the partner of choice for this important program”, added Mr. Oliva.

The Px4 Storm provided many of the features and benefits that the Rochester Police Department was looking for. Besides the ambidextrous safety, reversible magazine releases, and interchangeable backstraps allowing the handgun to personalize the fit of the handgun to each officer, the Px4 Storm includes a Picatinny rail for attaching tactical lights or optics, depending upon the mission.

The Rochester New York Police Department also reviewed and approved of the benefit of a rotating barrel with its increased accuracy and sturdy lock-up, a chrome lined barrel for corrosion resistance and greater longevity, and the hammer fired DA/SA, which was familiar to the members of the department from their previous Beretta handgun.

The Rochester Police Department is accredited by the New York State Bureau for Municipal Police and by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA). The Rochester Police serve a community of approximately 230,000 residents and an area of over 35 square miles.

Feedback Score
    Nice to see agencies not blindly going with Glock and seeking out other handguns.

We just issued new G22's to replace our old beat down gen 2 mods.

We are seeing a pretty sucky problem rate with the new guns.

when I did my quals we had 20 folks in the class and 4 guns went down for feeding problems, all were blamed on limp wristing of course but a quick change of mags found that all but one gun ran. Last one we don't know what its prob was, it went back to GLock

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We are seeing a pretty sucky problem rate with the new guns.
    Problems with a non-9mm Glock?

Surely you must be putting us on, good sir. I have it from reliable sources on the internet that everything Glock makes is infallible. This is because Gaston received the Glock design in a vision of the Virgin Mary. The design of the Glock sprang from her Blessed womb, you see....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Problems with a non-9mm Glock?

Surely you must be putting us on, good sir. I have it from reliable sources on the internet that everything Glock makes is infallible. This is because Gaston received the Glock design in a vision of the Virgin Mary. The design of the Glock sprang from her Blessed womb, you see....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Id like to see how to swap out the safety on my current PX4 (in .40) to the one used on the M9 / 92 cause honestly its not that easy to activate. But other than that I love mine and can only hope that this means more holsters and accessories.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Obviously they didn't have the issues with their Cougars and with Beretta that we had or they would not have chosen Beretta again. I wonder how long Beretta will make this pistol. Because they sure screwed a lot of departments with the Cougar..

I wish them good luck with their choice because I'm sure glad did not pick another Beretta product.
    Last edited by GLOCKMASTER; 07-26-08 at 10:25.