Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington 870: SureFire X300 Ultra Weapon Light Or SureFire M300 Mini Scout Light

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Remington 870: SureFire X300 Ultra Weapon Light Or SureFire M300 Mini Scout Light

Per the title, I am in seek of the opinion of the collective for which weapon light would ultimately serve me best on my Remington 870. I have a Remington Model 870 Express Magpul Tactical with a Mesa Tactical 6-shell side mount carrier, Nordic Components +1 tube extension, + Magpul forward sling mount. The last piece of the puzzle in completing my shotgun is deciding on a weapon light. This particular shotgun remains at home at all times and is solely for HD purposes. Please let me know what your thoughts are, ladies + gentlemen!

870.jpg

As always, thank you in advance for your time + input!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mount the x300 at 6o clock on the forend with a magpul cantilever mount. This is ambidextrous and keeps the gun balanced. I can easily work the rocker switch with my index finger. Barrell shadow is also minimal

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Surefire DSF-870.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by acjones20 View Post
    Mount the x300 at 6o clock on the forend with a magpul cantilever mount. This is ambidextrous and keeps the gun balanced. I can easily work the rocker switch with my index finger. Barrell shadow is also minimal
    I am highly considering taking this route, my friend. I can purchase a brand new in box SureFire X300 Ultra weapon light locally for $154 plus tax out the door. The only downsides to the M300 Mini Scout Light that I can come up with is the potential threat of having the tape light switch cord getting hung up on something + having 200 less lumens. Thank you for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Surefire DSF-870.
    While I appreciate your recommendation, I have written off the SureFire DSF-870 as an option.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Remington 870: SureFire X300 Ultra Weapon Light Or SureFire M300 Mini Scout L...

That's a nice setup so far. May I ask why not an Inforce WML though? I love SureFire and have sold off all of my other brands of weapon lights to consolidate with them, but the ergonomics of the WML are hard to beat for that application. The cantilever mount and WML work very well with the Magpul hand guards and I assume would work just as well with the forend. If you'd rather just stick to SureFire, I'd probably go X300. I don't know that the Scout would do anything for you that an X300U couldn't do on a shotgun, and do it cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
    I am highly considering taking this route, my friend. I can purchase a brand new in box SureFire X300 Ultra weapon light locally for $154 plus tax out the door.
    You ought to buy that light regardless of what you put on your shotgun.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Seconding Wake's suggestion... I love Surefire, but the WML seems like it was made for the Magpul forend.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    Seconding Wake's suggestion... I love Surefire, but the WML seems like it was made for the Magpul forend.
    What mount are you using?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    What mount are you using?
    RVG rail section and an HSP Offset mount, just to raise the light some over the sling.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That's a nice setup so far. May I ask why not an Inforce WML though? I love SureFire and have sold off all of my other brands of weapon lights to consolidate with them, but the ergonomics of the WML are hard to beat for that application. The cantilever mount and WML work very well with the Magpul hand guards and I assume would work just as well with the forend. If you'd rather just stick to SureFire, I'd probably go X300. I don't know that the Scout would do anything for you that an X300U couldn't do on a shotgun, and do it cheaper.

Thank you for the kind remark! In all sincerity, I was completely in the dark that a comparable offering to SureFire's X300 Ultra weapon light even existed. I was under the impression that it was SureFire X300 Ultra or bust. Would you recommend that I opt for the Inforce WMLx White or WML White?

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    You ought to buy that light regardless of what you put on your shotgun.
    I would be hard pressed to pass on the opportunity given the price point. If you are interested, Walmart has them discounted at $154.00 plus tax, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    Duly noted! Thank you for your input, sir.
    Last edited by Cartel; 08-28-15 at 15:53.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast