Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remington 870: SureFire X300 Ultra Weapon Light Or SureFire M300 Mini Scout Light

Feedback Score
    What is the advantage to the cantilever mount as opposed to just a rail section.

It seems that the cantilever gives it extra height. Does this not make it less comfortable?

I'm trying to decide which one to get.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaramillo4418 View Post
    What is the advantage to the cantilever mount as opposed to just a rail section.

It seems that the cantilever gives it extra height. Does this not make it less comfortable?

I'm trying to decide which one to get.
    wow. Bringing up a 3 year old thread.

The cantilever is intended to get the light further forward than a rail section would allow. I also tried running an inforce light at 9 o'clock and I used just a rail section because if it went any further forward it would have hit my sling mount. Unfortunately it cramped up the left side enough that when I shot the gun the recoil drove the rail section and light in to my thumb. Not comfortable.
    I moved it to the 6 o'clock position but the inforce WML is difficult to activate in this position.
    I went from this:

To this:

Also, not a big fan of the current DSF forends. But I like the old ones with a Malkoff upgraded LED head:

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by acjones20 View Post
    Counterpoint Both great options

Attachment 34818
    Does that ever bite you while shooting?

I had an Infoce WMO on one of my rifles. I think it was a 15-22. It broke while in a padded rifle case going from trunk to house multiple times. Not during shooting. They refunded me. It was very comfortable and priced right but I wouldn’t get another.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 04-05-20 at 18:08.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I have the surefire fore end light and really like it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by enchantor View Post
    I have the surefire fore end light and really like it.
    I would have to agree. It is a bit big and heavy but feels really good on the gun and the pressure plate is very accessible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123