Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What case lube do you use?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharps_74 View Post
    Ok, so how do you stop from getting stuck cases?
    Buy a bottle of Dillon case lube.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    You use Hornady One Shot Aerosol and spray the cases at a 45 degree downward angle to get the inside of the case necks lubed along with the walls. You want to make sure you have a carbide expander ball in your sizing die and also make sure your cases are tumbled very clean before you start.

This is what i do with absolutley no stuck cases. I fyou're rolling your cases and you get "Dimples" in the case shoulders you're using too much lube. If you're sticking cases you're you're not using enough. A very thin coat of "Roll on Lube" should be all you need. One Shot takes this guess work out of the equation. If you're still sticking cases, you're sizing die might be under sized.

That's all I can say on this.
    I've been using Lyman Qwik Spray Case Lube. I was rolling them using RCBS lube, that was slow and unproductive. I have a seperate piece that decaps and expands the mouth of the case. In addtion to that, all of my cases get 24 hours in the tumbler before going through the sizing die. After tumbling the cases are inspected and the flash holes cleared.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    I am using Gun Sav'R "Size-All" - It is an aerosol. Not sure if it is even made any more, but it appears I am running out. About 2K done sized of the 10K .223 I have. Last batch of 3K rounds had no stuck cases. I love the sport, but reloading to me is a necessary evil so I do it in bulk to reduce the pain. Prefer the spray-on treatment.

The only issue is in does have that oily feeling. Like Todd I tumple the finished product. Does not take long and comes out great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UVvis View Post
    Redding imperial sizing wax.
    +1. This is my go-to case lube. I have tried others, but I keep coming back to this one because it always works!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharps_74 View Post
    I've been using Lyman Qwik Spray Case Lube. I was rolling them using RCBS lube, that was slow and unproductive. I have a seperate piece that decaps and expands the mouth of the case. In addtion to that, all of my cases get 24 hours in the tumbler before going through the sizing die. After tumbling the cases are inspected and the flash holes cleared.
    Save the tumbling for AFTER you have finished your loaded rounds. That's what the factories do. I've done it for 20 years and it is safe, Just don't over due it. 10-15 minutes as a final clean and polish is fine if you started with clean brass.

Feedback Score
    How many do you put in the tumbler at a time?

Feedback Score
    I had the same problem with one shot so I use RCBS pump spray. But I am going to try the one shot one more time and let it dry for 10 minutes before I size the brass.That must be the problem with them sticking thanks for the info

Joe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234