Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What case lube do you use?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    DILLON CASE lube.

I think I might Hate ONE SHOT as much as I hate Olympic Arms! There's NOTHING good I can say about it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I bought a can of one-shot and hated it after loading about 10 .223 cases. I was constantly getting cases stuck. I switched to Lee Case lube and never had another problem. It smells like fish but other than that I like it a lot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanx for the replies.
    The bad wordage towards One Shot that I've heard has come from users on another reloading forum, a website review, and even an old Guns & Ammo review I found in an old issue (I was bored)... and my local gunshop stopped selling it due to it's "poor performance"... and they said they'd rather sell plain old "3 in 1" lube in it's place, stating that it's cheaper and works better! lol
    Right now, I have nothing bad to say about RCBS' Case Lube 2 - other than it takes a bit more wiping to remove than does others (for those of us who don't yet have tumblers).
    "A government big enough to give you what you want, is strong enough to take what you have." -T. Jefferson

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    DILLON CASE lube.

I think I might Hate ONE SHOT as much as I hate Olympic Arms! There's NOTHING good I can say about it.
    Pretty much sums it up.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    Point taken.I know that, just because something has worked well for me, certainly doesn't mean that it's the best. I do respect & appreciate the opinions of other experienced loaders,that's why I'm here.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    For those who use ONE SHOT and have problems. Just spray and wait twice as long as you normally wait for it to "dry" (carrier evaporate). See if you don't get better results. Try 10 min or so.

I don't use ONE SHOT but the one time I did I got a case stuck and figured out that I did not let the carrier evaporate
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    I use one shot haven't had a problem but after spraying they usally do end up sitting for over 10 min....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Waiting longer hasn't helped me at all. The brass at the end of my run is no easier to work with than the stuff at the beginning of the batch. Even if waiting helped at all, you still face the issue of getting the crap off of your brass.... which if you're loading bulk.. is a huge pain in the ass.

There's really NO NEED whatsoever to suffer with this crappy product. It's not like the alternatives are more expensive.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Demigod,
    Do ya think you might be doing something else wrong? LOTS of loaders don't seem to have the problems with it that you've had.

Feedback Score
    royal purple synthetic.

no more stuck cases as opposed to one shot. After I got a case stuck and all I had nearby was the RP I started using that. It also keeps the inside of my lee dies from rusting like they used to.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast