Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Home/Basement/Garage Gym Pictures?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Home/Basement/Garage Gym Pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by goteron View Post
    I have been doing the SOFLETE Juggernaut program and I can do 90% of the program with what is shown.
    Damn dude you must be an animal. The shit they post on FB looks fairly crazy. I need to get to that level.

I'll post mine in a minute. It's kind of a mess at the moment between stuff we need to sell and my in-laws buying a bunch of random groceries while in town but it's a pretty solid setup. I think what you posted is overkill, but that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Haha, no, I'm probably "below average" by most accounts. You may be thinking of SOFWODS, I've seen those, they look ridiculous. The soflete program is pretty ideal for me. Workouts aren't too long, nothing complex, but I get good results. I just need to eat more. That's the hardest part for me.

I've accumulated the stuff over a period of about a year. I just bought a hammer and that's been my new favorite workout.
    Last edited by goteron; 09-07-15 at 16:29.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Good stuff fellas keep the pictures rolling and Shorts you are a really inspiration brother keep up the hard work!

I found the following piece, it would allow me to combine smith machine & cable crossover (Shorts got me thinking about this type of combo), anyone have any experience with it?

http://livewellsports.com/bodycraft-...h-stack-guards

Thanks PD.

No experience w a x-over machine. In my state I do, uh, isolation work on the arm

Feedback Score
    I always thought the Smith press was a no-no.

...am I wrong?

Some of you have great set ups...I am jealous! LOL

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This is not aimed at Shorts, as he is using the Smith machine and cables as they were intended to be used.

I was always steered away from Smith machines. I have yet to see a need for them with exception for those who cannot safely use a power rack. Most of the big name lifters, both olympic and power, do not use them.

Cables seem to be predominantly a bodybuilder (manscaping) thing. I think the machine linked above is inferior to a sturdy power rack, olympic bar, and adjustable bench.

If you don't have physical limitations, stick to barbell training for strength and dumbells if you need auxillary work.

Just my worthless 2 cents.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    Attachment 34916
    Attachment 34917
    Attachment 34918
    It's a little crowded but it gets the job done. With the car moved out on the other side of the garage from time to time it's much easier to maneuver. Either way it fits my need and after getting used to it I can do a wide variety of exercises and workouts.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    This is not aimed at Shorts, as he is using the Smith machine and cables as they were intended to be used.

I was always steered away from Smith machines. I have yet to see a need for them with exception for those who cannot safely use a power rack. Most of the big name lifters, both olympic and power, do not use them.

Cables seem to be predominantly a bodybuilder (manscaping) thing. I think the machine linked above is inferior to a sturdy power rack, olympic bar, and adjustable bench.

If you don't have physical limitations, stick to barbell training for strength and dumbells if you need auxillary work.

Just my worthless 2 cents.
    You make a valid point and it actually is one that I hold myself. If it weren't for the one arm I would be running a power rack only. Cost alone is a glaring factor. Setup is another,

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    For the home gym you can't go wrong with Ironmaster Dumbbells.

http://www.ironmaster.com/categories...ls-kettlebells

I've had mine for 7+years. I have the 120lb set that can go from 5-120lbs in 2.5lb increments if you want. Also picked up a set of the 165lb set screws so I can actually take one dumbbell up to 180lbs for rows.... They are not super quick to change weight but they are solid like real dumbbells.

Add in the kettlebell handle and you have quite a set up.

Other than that stuff I have a power rack with pull up bars and dip attachments, a couple bars, a bunch of weight, nice elliptical, and a treadmill.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    I always thought the Smith press was a no-no.

...am I wrong?

Some of you have great set ups...I am jealous! LOL
    As some people have said. They have their place. I often used them when I trained in gyms if I did not have a partner or no one was available. I would not substitute them for free weights, but they can be useful if you want to target specific areas, while not having to utilize stabilizers.

I wouldn't pay for one though, haha.

Feedback Score
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Currently downsizing..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast