Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Home/Basement/Garage Gym Pictures?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    That's a nice gym you've put together. That flag looks fantastic.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    PatrioticDisorder, that's an awesome gym. I'm one of those people who works out better outside my home - I don't have the discipline/focus to work out hard at home. Too many distractions.

At the other extreme...the picture below pretty much sums up our home gym. There's actually quite a lot we can do with just those few things.
    doorgym.jpg
    Thank you! Looks like the link is broken to your picture. I used to like training at outside gyms when I was younger and lived in upstate NY and northwestern PA, I'd always find locally owned gyms that were really good and not over crowded. Down here in Naples, FL everything is a big box commercial gym with way too much cardio & isolation machines and not nearly enough free weights, over crowded and a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Double3 View Post
    Nice set up. How do you like those Ironmaster DBs?

I like them for what they are. I did pick up a set of the longer screws for the 160 lb add on and it lets you take one DB to 180.

Also have some of those COC grippers.
    Thank you, the COC grippers are great, I have 2 each of the G, S, T, point 5, 1, 1.5, 2 & 2.5 (can't fully close the 2.5 for 1 yet) and I love them, I do drop sets with them and go until I can no longer close the G. I love the Ironmaster DB's, I was considering buying the rubber hex DB's or used pro style DB's but went with Ironmaster's because they are space efficient. I love the thicknesss of the Ironmaster handles & aggressive knurling, mine lock up nice and solid and I have nothing but praise for them, great investment! The only negative is not being able to do drop sets with DB's (partly why I want to get another pair or two).

Feedback Score
    The only thing I can't do in my garage is leg presses. I have the attachment (although I don't use it) to be able to do leg extensions and leg curls if you wanted to. Other than that, good-to-go.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    To update this thread, I decided against the lat pull down/low row and any sort of cable crossover. I think I can shove it in my space, but I'd prefer not to, I like having my gym not feel congested and it's absolutely unnessary. Getting back to basic movements made me realize this.

I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Rogue, more plates, Abram GHD 2.0, multi grip-1 bar, trap bar-2, stainless steal Ohio Power Bar, 10 bar holder (sick of barbells laying on the ground), a couple more lock jaws (including the version for the specialty bars), monster utility seat (for box squats and for my fiancée to use instead of a stool when doing pull ups), monster squat handles (mainly for standing calve raises with the safety squat bar, it's a PITA to hold the rack while doing these), a pair of wagon wheels (for block pulls), a bunch of bands and a bunch of accessories such as an ab wheel, mat, etc... My gym will then be 98.5% complete once I receive this stuff.

The only other things I MAY purchase is a cambered barbell (if I decide to make some blocks) for seal rows, possibly a super curl bar from Xmark and possibly the spud pulley system (both high and low)... If I do buy the spud system and a like it I will buy some attachments for it. I'm on the fence on all things mentioned in this paragraph as they are definitely unnecessary.

Anyway, Rogue is having their annual sale, $5 shipping on 5 qualifying products (and 98% of their products qualify). Big items will ship freight. If you're considering a Rogue purchase or on the fence, now is the time to buy. shipping costs add a significant amount to your purchase (due to weight and bulk of product).

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Updated pics of the my iron paradise

Figured I'd update the thread with pics of my iron palace as it is currently configured.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Damn, do you have every captains of crush gripper they offer in there or something?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Damn, do you have every captains of crush gripper they offer in there or something?
    2 of each through the 2.5s.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Holy necropost Batman! I was going to start a thread, but I searched and voila, there's already a good one:

I got very serious about my fitness last year after realizing my fitness was unsat for a street cop in a very active city. I intended to have a basement gym, but we finished our basement and turned the bedroom down there into a mother-in-law suite.

So, I turned to my garage. I had had it insulated to help with the cold Colorado summers. I bought a Concept 2 rower, a squat rack, and a bar/plate combo from Rogue. It was great for what I needed at the time.

But, as needs grew, I needed more space. I turned my tandem garage, which was my shop, into the new gym:

Again, needs grew, and so did the debt!

And here's how it sits today:

The Iron Church

A closeup of the rack:

Having a garage gym changed my life and helps keep me in tip top shape. There is simply no excuse not to exercise. When I had a gym membership, I never went. Now, I workout all the time.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Damn, nice dude. We’re looking at buying when we move out to Carson and want either a three car garage or a basement so I can convert part of it to a gym. That’s a solid investment in equipment, I’m struggling just convincing myself to get a concept 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    LowSpeed, setup looks good, nice and clean.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome set up!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456