Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any good budget tactical pants?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Any good budget tactical pants?

I have a good amount of training coming up for work, and I'm not really wanting to wear the exact same pair of pants that I'm issued for my training uniform every day for a month or more. I know LA Police gear makes a few pairs that are supposedly good, anybody have any experience with those or any others?
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    Vertx are my favorite, they have a 40% sale going on through Monday for Labor Day.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have a few pairs from LA Police Gear. They're lightweight and functional, and they've held up fine for me so far. I've worn them for class and match days here and there. IMO the pocket layout isn't the greatest, but the same can be said of the 5.11's. Overall I'm happy with them, given the price. They're cheap enough that if I tear them up I'll just buy another pair or two and not lose any sleep over it.

One thing worth noting when comparing them to 5.11's or Propers is that the LAPG pants do not have teflon treatment so if you get caught in the rain the water will soak right through them.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've gone completely over to climbing /hiking pants, preferably the Prana Zion or the REI, nylon/spandex.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911fan View Post
    Vertx are my favorite, they have a 40% sale going on through Monday for Labor Day.
    Took the words out of my mouth.

Feedback Score
    The only ones that I like are the tru-spec 24/7. The fit and feel is great.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Kuhl makes some snazzy grayman style pants.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Kuhl makes some snazzy grayman style pants.
    +1 ...I wore mine last yr during fall so it was cool. I personally wouldn't wear it during hot summer...forgot what make I got...it has pocket on the side by mid-thigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledanek View Post
    +1 ...I wore mine last yr during fall so it was cool. I personally wouldn't wear it during hot summer...forgot what make I got...it has pocket on the side by mid-thigh.
    Most Kuhls do. Revolvrs have been my consistent favorite for just about everything, but they retail $75.00. They're awesome but if you want more than one pair I don't consider them budget oriented pants. Honestly whatever lightweight rip-stop pants are on sale at Eddie Bauer have worked really well for me for years.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    Vertx Mens Original Tactical Pants. With the 40% off sale this weekend, the pair I just ordered cost me $35.97. Free shipping even. Last pair I bought cost me $62.94 with shipping. Comfortable and hold up well. Nice pockets. Something I’m critical about. Of course, they are back ordered in the color and size I ordered. Last time I back ordered pants from Vertx, it took a little over 3 months to get them. I’ve been thinking about trying some Tru-Specs, but not sure about those pockets.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast