Thread: Peltor tactical S-6 question.

Feedback Score

Peltor tactical S-6 question.

Anyone know if the pelter tactical s-6 hearing protector will fit under a tactical helmet (MICH style) or not? Our dept. use this style of helmet (dont know the exact brand) and Im looking for a pair of electronic hearing protectors to fit under this helmet. I dont need a communication headset/hearing protection just the protection part. My dept. doesn't issue hearing protection so I have to buy it myself. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Peltor tactical S-6 question.

I wouldn't buy those again if you forced me to, regardless of whether or not they fit, they're garbage. I've had three sets break on me and their warranty is crap. I'd look for something different.

ETA: These are an inexpensive alternative for what you're looking for and won't break as often as a set of Peltor's.

NSN EarPlugs
    Last edited by HKGuns; 09-06-15 at 16:26.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Electronic headsets have a ton of advantages for maintaining situational awareness as well as the fact that we never know when exactly we'll have to use our weapons. A headset will almost always be on (unless it shits out on you) and still lets you carry on conversations and hear your surroundings.

I strongly recommend saving up for a pair of the basic MSA Sordins. You don't have to go all out and pick up something from the Pro line, but the audio quality of Sordins vs Peltors is worth the price alone.

And yes, those Peltors will fit under a MICH. You may have to go up a size depending on how tightly the helmet fits, and I recommend you ditch the crown pad so you can make a channel for the headband to rest in while worn.

Feedback Score
    Thank you to both of you. I figured someone would recommend the Sordin's. I think, you GTF425, are probably right in me having to save up for the Sordin's.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Tac 6's are for range days, while the Comtac series is designed for abuse. I have both Sordin's and Comtac's, actually several pairs of Comtac's, and they are my go to headset. The Sordin's are good, but I have found them a bit on the fragile side and they can be a little finicky. Either way, save some money and buy what works best for you. But coming from this former Commo guy, the Comtac's get my money every time.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    had a look at the Sordin's. Thinking of getting the neckband version for use with my helmet. Should fit the best I think. Any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    What kind of helmet are you running? I ran a neckband set for a little while several years ago and went back to the headband when using an ACH. For the ACH, I acquired a couple of extra rectangle pads and took out the center dome pad and used the rectangle pads to create a channel for the headband, which worked extremely well. I have been running an OPSCore helmet for while now and favor the ARC adapters, which will also work on an ACH if you have the rails, otherwise rearranging the pads is easier and more economical than buying a new helmet.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell