Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293

Thread: Fireclean...is it just re-branded Crisco Vegetable oil? Video...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by K1tt3n5 View Post
    Women and children cost money, less money means I end up with fewer guns, vacations, cars, bikes etc.
    Your looking at it the wrong way -

I have 4 motorcycles, one for each family member, they rarely ride, so in essence they are mine;
    I have cherry '91 Mustang GT that sits in the back garage almost year-round, no one drives it but me, I get no guff about it because the girls like riding with the top down once or twice a year;
    Guns, holy bananas, the girls both have AR's, they each have an Appleseed rifle, they have a .22 service rifle trainer, shotguns and each has a .22 pistol and a 9mm in the same platform plus I always have at least 2,000 rounds each of .22; 9mm, .223 in order to make sure I have enough on hand 'for the kids' to shoot.

You need to make some lemonade.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Here's my write up on a FireClean vs Canola Oil Test.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...anola-Oil-test
    This should be the end of this thread. An empirical test showed that fireclean used as a lubricant behaved differently than canola oil. I confess a morbid fascination with this, but somebody needs to say something that hasn't been repeated several times.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by K1tt3n5 View Post
    But without kids your mustang could be a Ferrari. Kids and marriage just aren't for me, I'm too selfish and not capable of committing to anyone long term. Too many fish in the sea to play with. I truly do applaud you and respect your decision.
    Can we keep the off topic BS off this thread please? Post that in GD or PM each other about your wives or lack there of.

Looks like the end result is FC is not just rebranded Canola oil. Too bad really, fantastic gun Lube at a nickel per ounce would have been awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Well, who can knock it? If I was a chic, I'd do just what you do. Find a guy who would bankroll things. I believe in the income gradient and don't fault you one bit, sister! I'm at that "awkward income" stage where I don't quite make 6 figures, but am well past the fast-food worker range, so my choice in women is limited to equals (which won't work for the income gradient), and chics who are a few cards short in the deck and hence make <$40K.

I have found that MPRO7 and denatured alcohol works...but I also found that Lucas Extreme Gun Oil does NOT come off with alcohol. It literally does not affect it. I had to use gun-scrubber, which blew it right off. So alcohol alone isn't enough. MPRO7 or gun-scrubber, etc. too in some cases.
    I should have clearified, alcohol AFTER mpro7, mainly to dry it as it seems to degrease pretty well. Gun scrubber is fantastic, also.

Btw, I'm a man. My fiance makes significantly less than I do. I handle the major bills, she takes a couple small ones. If I was single, I'd still have my bills, so overall were saving money being together. We don't have kids yet, but if we decide to, they'll be worth it. Ymmv.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Your looking at it the wrong way -

I have 4 motorcycles, one for each family member, they rarely ride, so in essence they are mine;
    I have cherry '91 Mustang GT that sits in the back garage almost year-round, no one drives it but me, I get no guff about it because the girls like riding with the top down once or twice a year;
    Guns, holy bananas, the girls both have AR's, they each have an Appleseed rifle, they have a .22 service rifle trainer, shotguns and each has a .22 pistol and a 9mm in the same platform plus I always have at least 2,000 rounds each of .22; 9mm, .223 in order to make sure I have enough on hand 'for the kids' to shoot.

You need to make some lemonade.
    As a single guy, all I read was "I have a Mustang GT instead of a Corvette", "I have triplicates of platforms instead of things I want", and "Noone hassles me over these compromises".

That said, the main thrust of this, is that I can afford to use Fireclean instead of CLP.

Seriously...that is what EVERYONE is complaining about, ultimately...the "cost" of a $14.99 bottle of lube. It's absurd.
    Last edited by WS6; 11-09-15 at 17:55.

Feedback Score

Fireclean...is it just re-branded Crisco Vegetable oil? Video...

Deleted......

Due to mission creep
    Last edited by JC5188; 11-09-15 at 18:02.

Feedback Score
    I don't think $15 will force anyone to get a second mortgage. It would be funny if someone tried tbough, and told the loan officer they needed a second mortgage because of a $15 bottle of vegetable oil. Free market. Buy what you want, don't buy what you don't want.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
    Can we keep the off topic BS off this thread please? Post that in GD or PM each other about your wives or lack there of.

Looks like the end result is FC is not just rebranded Canola oil. Too bad really, fantastic gun Lube at a nickel per ounce would have been awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got you, sorry I wasn't treating 93 pages and 900+ posts comparing lube to Crisco with the respect it deserves.

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293