Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AK SCAR

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Very cool Fox, regardless of all the cloak and dagger stuff. As previously mentioned probably not a huge civie demand for it but show knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox33 View Post
    We've been rev-engineered before so not much is shown until its about ready to sell.
    Maybe when 'klrb929' gets back from his eternal deployment he can fill us in on this. I remember you telling me that he was real mad about it, but I haven't heard from him for quite awhile.

Feedback Score
    Rhino,

I think since klrb929's primary antagonist got himself in trouble with fraud waste and abuse thing with A plt SEAL tm 7, he wont have much to say.

The other thing is that Handl is really trying to blow the capability of the SCAR wide open. I cant go into detail but the video you saw was just one part of an entire proposal. Now I've actually become part of the company, OPSEC is practiced. Overall we want the SCAR to mean more to a lot more people. I know that once things scale up there can be a lot more bleed out into the civilian market. Stay tuned, we've been busy, really busy.

Feedback Score
    We've been rev-engineered before so not much is shown until its about ready to sell.

Yeah, all the Rev Engineering going on in the market place is actually comical. Not sure how some feel it helps by just copying others design as all you do is flood the market and cut each other market share. I think it is funny as hell to watch all the startups that had it easy during the Sandy Hook "Gold Rush" had it easy. Now that the bottom has fallen out everybody is scrambling to figure out how to keep going and if they do not have an original design they just look on IG, FB, all the Forums, and magazines and then copy items and put them out there. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

We need a good downturn in the markets, which we could be seeing right now, and all the Companies with original designs will stay afloat, those without will go under and we will see who really belongs in the market. Look at all the Handguards on the market, identical Copied lowers, Extended Mag releases, one Suppressor company copies all of KAC's Muzzle Devices for their QD Suppresssors, SPUHR had their leveling tool copied and selling for 1/2 the price of SPUHR.

Yup, good downturn will shake it all out.

Also, what's with everyone bragging that MIL, Spec Ops, or DEVGRU is looking at or testing or running our stuff. Do they really need to try and justify their product is good, if you have a GREAT PRODUCT, THEY WILL BUY IT. All this BS about MIL/SPEC OPS Running trials and looking at someone's product is a bunch of talk.

When I see them running it in Combat, then they have something, until then, it is just a bunch of BRAGGADOCIO. AK's are much cheaper even a milled Arsenal, battlefield pickups are free. If the Military truly wanted it, KAC would have done it, amongst others.

What is the Price Point on the SCAR 47?

What Barrel Lengths will be produced?

Will barrels be Chrome lined?

Will barrels be CHF?

How much independent Testing & Evaluation before selling to paying customers?

These questions have been asked several times on other sites with no response.
    Last edited by 1096; 09-10-15 at 18:41.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think since klrb929's primary antagonist got himself in trouble with fraud waste and abuse thing with A plt SEAL tm 7, he wont have much to say.
    As long as you're saying klrb929 himself is ok, I'm good with that. Not his antagonist, the actual klrb929; the guy who introduced you to Handl, remember? You guys aren't related, are you?

Back OT, this is an interesting product with limited civie interest / application IMO, namely due to anticipated price point. Maybe the guys going downrange have a need for it, IDK. I broke out my decoder ring for the original post, but I'm not tellin'.

Has Handl ever thought about hiring an actual PR / Business development crew? Might help.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 09-10-15 at 13:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    As long as you're saying klrb929 himself is ok, I'm good with that. Not his antagonist, the actual klrb929; the guy who introduced you to Handl, remember? You guys aren't related, are you?

Back OT, this is an interesting product with limited civie interest / application IMO, namely due to anticipated price point. Maybe the guys going downrange have a need for it, IDK. I broke out my decoder ring for the original post, but I'm not tellin'.

Has Handl ever thought about hiring an actual PR / Business development crew? Might help.
    Yeah first post is just about different Spec Ops personnel. Matched or Out Matching is referring to Firearm/Weapons superiority, cal, distance, etc. Maybe I have the wrong ring..

Yeah, they are not worried about PR. We are in a big downturn in the firearms markets right now, guns that sold for $8k-$9k 2-3 months ago do not even come close now. A month before July 4 weekend sales had dropped off only rare guns/parts were selling. Now they are not even selling.

Feedback Score

I agree with your assessment on the overall silliness in the market. Over saturated market and people killing each other over $10 in margin.

Rhino

this thread is just communication for some people who needed to see it. A place they could casually stroll on by and check things out. Kind of like how every day in your local coffee shop you roll up to the corkboard behind the cream and sugar. Then one day you look up and go oh hey there is something new there on the lower right corner. You leave armed with new information to help you make a decision. That's all this is.

When it comes to PR and such, that is for the commercial side guys, I know they are talking to people, but the details of marketing are not my concern, I'd probably suck at it. I just want to get things in the hands of team guys, things that I always wish I had. To me this is personal, I have a lot of friends that carry the Mk.17. As good as it is, it needs to be more than it is. That is all I care about.

Feedback Score

I agree with your assessment on the overall silliness in the market. Over saturated market and people killing each other over $10 in margin.

Rhino

this thread is just communication for some people who needed to see it. A place they could casually stroll on by and check things out. Kind of like how every day in your local coffee shop you roll up to the corkboard behind the cream and sugar. Then one day you look up and go oh hey there is something new there on the lower right corner. You leave armed with new information to help you make a decision. That's all this is.

When it comes to PR and such, that is for the commercial side guys, I know they are talking to people, but the details of marketing are not my concern, I'd probably suck at it. I just want to get things in the hands of team guys, things that I always wish I had. To me this is personal, I have a lot of friends that carry the Mk.17. As good as it is, it needs to be more than it is. That is all I care about.

You are avoiding my questions. Regardless if you are building for Team Members or not, please, answer the questions below.

Once again

What Barrel Lengths do you plan to produce?

Will barrels be Chrome lined and CHF?

Last edited by 1096; 09-10-15 at 18:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1096 View Post
    What Barrel Lengths do you plan to produce?

Will barrels be Chrome lined and CHF?

when and where has anyone ever asked anyone at Handl Defense what barrels and configurations they will be made in. I would like to see those questions first hand so I might have better reference to answer them.

When it comes to CHF and chrome lining where it will be required, it will be. But not all will be, we plan on giving a pretty wide range of options.

Feedback Score
    when and where has anyone ever asked anyone at Handl Defense what barrels and configurations they will be made in. I would like to see those questions first hand so I might have better reference to answer them.

When it comes to CHF and chrome lining where it will be required, it will be. But not all will be, we plan on giving a pretty wide range of options.
    Check the Handl Defense Instagram page where you have posted pictures of the SCAR 47, It's there.

Feedback Score

These are the other questions asked several time on Instagram and never answered.

What is the anticipated Price Poin?

When is anticipated release date?

Are you going to have Independent Public Record T&E by outside companies?

Will civilian version have a CHF, Chrome lined barrel, and Chrome lined GB, or only the "MIL/Team" version will have them Chromed?

Curious, as I only shoot chrome lined, CHF barrels anymore as we both melonite is no substitute for Chrome lined barrels. Buddy of mine received a clone barrel that was melonited and it was shot out in 10,000 rounds. It was a MG barrel, still he was not doing mag dumps.
    Last edited by 1096; 09-11-15 at 00:22.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast