Thread: LASR anyone trains with it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

LASR anyone trains with it?

So to prepare for winter, I've been eyeballing this product, LASR

from website:
    "Why Use LASR?"

Dryfire practice is an excellent way to work on shooting fundamentals. Many top competitive and tactical shooters recommend dryfire practice with your firearm of choice. However, those same shooters also agree that dryfire practice is boring. While you get a lot of trigger time (without firing a lot of rounds of ammunition), you don't get a lot of feedback and it's difficult to see how well you're doing.

Curious if anyone uses this as individual or trainer.

I tried using my iPad to record my drills before, but, definitely getting the feedback (unless I post it) that I need to improve.
    Please share what you think about this product.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The goal is to be able to call your shot. If you can call it, this is a waste of money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did you watch the video on the different disciplines - CCW, Competition, Instructor, LE/Mil?

Looks to me like a pretty affordable training tool - I'd like to know a little more about course design and if/how you can save your results.

Team that up with a Dvorak Recoil Kit and it looks like you'd have a pretty hot set up. (downside is 2,000+ for the Dvorak)

M - Z - B: You need to practice to continue to be able to call your shot, it looks like this might be a very good tool.

Feedback Score
    I have it.

It's a cool system to have, especially for the price. I don't use it a whole ton, simply because the set up can be a pain in the butt. And I have to do it while the kids are running around.

I think it is best to do if you have a dedicated place to train. That way you can leave everything, including targets, set up. I have the Target Template plug in, which helps, but is still a bit of a pain. Also, lighting can be an issue as well.

Although it costs more, I would like to get the "Smokeless Range". You can do a wider variety of targets and "scenarios" (pop ups, transitions, etc.) You have to get a projector, but they are relatively cheap on Amazon.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KenpoCop822 View Post
    I have it.

It's a cool system to have, especially for the price. I don't use it a whole ton, simply because the set up can be a pain in the butt. And I have to do it while the kids are running around.

I think it is best to do if you have a dedicated place to train. That way you can leave everything, including targets, set up. I have the Target Template plug in, which helps, but is still a bit of a pain. Also, lighting can be an issue as well.

Although it costs more, I would like to get the "Smokeless Range". You can do a wider variety of targets and "scenarios" (pop ups, transitions, etc.) You have to get a projector, but they are relatively cheap on Amazon.
    My research tells me that my PC is not up to par with the requirements.
    I'll have to continue with using SIRT AR bolt with my iPad recording my moves then criticizing where my mistakes.
    I'll have forgo the scoring, and concentrate with muscle memory for now.
    Thanks
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    My department uses LASR with our SIRT pistols and SIRT AR bolts. I like that you can have multiple targets with multiple target zones. The shot recording and par time feature is excellent. I set ours up in our garage last week so officers could train around a squad. It's a great training aid for the price.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dewingrm View Post
    My department uses LASR with our SIRT pistols and SIRT AR bolts. I like that you can have multiple targets with multiple target zones. The shot recording and par time feature is excellent. I set ours up in our garage last week so officers could train around a squad. It's a great training aid for the price.
    thanks for sharing.