Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .30 Carbine HD ammo?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You definitely need to test different SP ammunition for reliability. I have a Quality Hardware carbine that will feed anything and everything reliably. Most M1 Carbines won't.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Remington 110gr SP. Saw somewhere (DocKGR?) where it was the equivalent of a .357 Magnum 158gr hunting round terminal ballistics-wise.

However, good luck finding them and then they're about $1 per round. I have a box of 50 and don't have a carbine anymore!
    Last edited by ABNAK; 09-20-15 at 08:41.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Little bit old of thread, but so are these M1 Carbines. My recently purchased 1943 Underwood would not feed any soft points at all, so I did a good cleaning and lube, then loaded some snap caps in a mag, and slowly nudged them out of the mag to see what could be causing the problem. The feed ramp where the nose of the bullets meet was no where near smooth. I spent about a hour with a dermal and a small polishing wheel and it now will feed any soft points I have tried.

I carried a M1 Carbine in Korea, and a modified M2 in Nam, and love the little gun.

Feedback Score
    I would say any soft nosed ammo that feed reliably will work very well.

Here are three Remington Soft Nosed bullets recovered from deer. Shots ranged from 25yds to 100yds.

Hunting rounds are effective at these ranges.

Feedback Score
    I know the Barnes X bullet (solid copper hollow point) does very well in all the other calibers (rifle and handgun). Not a stretch to think it would in .30 caliber also.

http://shopcorbon.com/30-carb-100gr-dpx
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    I remember that Jim Cirillo of NYPD stake out squad fame said of all the weapons they used in shooting AR15's. shotguns, 1911's, 38's a M1 carbine with 125 grain soft points put down people the best.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hamour View Post
    I would say any soft nosed ammo that feed reliably will work very well.

Here are three Remington Soft Nosed bullets recovered from deer. Shots ranged from 25yds to 100yds.

Hunting rounds are effective at these ranges.
    Thanks for posting that, hamour.

I have also had good luck with the Remington soft points. And I agree, testing is key. I usually try to buy ammo that expensive on sale, at least after the first couple boxes...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryO View Post
    Mostly for around my home. What say you on the "best" ammo I can find? Thanks...
    I'm fond of the Remington 110 SP as I use the same projectile in my reloads, loaded to the same OAL as the factory ammo for my practice ammo. Zero feeding problems with the factory ammo or reloads. Inland BTW.

Keith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12