Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon mro or aimpoint t2

Feedback Score

Trijicon mro or aimpoint t2

Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    A guy at last carbine match was running one. He lost his dot after 1st shot on 3rd stage.

I handed him my bag-o-batteries and sent him to a different bay to swap it out.

When he returned I noticed my 2032 pack was unopened. I asked what was up. He said he removed/re-installed battery and dot came back. But now he couldn't adjust the brightness.

I know he'll send it in for warranty and probably get a replacement but that is worthless if optic craps at the wrong time.

I think Vortex makes decent RDS but they are nowhere near Aimpoint levels.

I expect the MRO will fall between EOTech and Aimpoint on the hierarchy chart.
    I 100% agree the Vortex is not the quality of the $750 Aimpoint no doubt there .
    I haven't had any issues with mine and I've ran it on my KAC SR15 MOD2 for 300 rounds
    Then swapped it on my 308 to give it a work out with the felt recoil of the 308 as you may or may not know the KAC SR15 MOD2 are amazingly SOFT !!! So moving it to the 308 was IMHO a good work out for it . Last week I ran 3 mags with same amo and 1 new paper target with every mag change with the Vortex and then I did the same thing with the Aimpoint .

1 with my KAC ( aim vs vor)
    1 with my 308 ( vor vs aim)
    And I'm happy to say I got same MOA at 50 and at 100 yrds
    Now I did notice at different levels of daylight/darkness they are just a little different .
    I'd say the Aimpoint had a cleaner dot in really bright sun and the vortex had a cleaner dot in cloudy sky's light .
    Both were amazing at dusk
    Both held 0 dead nuts
    But the Aimpoints glass IMHO is a little better in certain light .
    I will say the Vortex IMHO was damn well worth the $189!
    But yes your right it's not a Aimpoint but is it worth the extra $550 that's a decision only the man forking over his hard earn bucks can say lolo .
    I'll tell ya this tho , if one of my friends ask me for a RDoptic recommendation I wouldn't hesitate one second in recommending the Sprac2 . Id tell him 1st that if he has the $ and the $ wasn't a issues to get Aimpoint and maybe offer to let him try both of mine and let he or she make there own choice .
    Good post tho and good luck to all

Sent from my rocket ship using
    My cell'y
    Last edited by bigjack7440; 09-18-15 at 15:15.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I agree that for the price, a Vortex is a great choice. But like I alluded to earlier, you get what you pay for.

I own a one of the original Strikefires that I have on my '3rd string' rifle. Love the green dot. Never had an issue with it.

1st and 2nd string rifles sport Aimpoints for obvious reasons.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Aimpoint, all day long, if you can afford it.

Pay once. Cry once.

Feedback Score
    Alright, I couldn't wait. I just pulled the trigger and ordered an mro from BCM. Should be here mid-week, hopefully I'll be able to get it out next weekend and put some rounds down range with it!
    Last edited by tgizzard; 09-18-15 at 17:32. Reason: forgot to mention what i orderd in my excitement

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Just got it in today, shooting this weekend.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgizzard View Post
    Alright, I couldn't wait. I just pulled the trigger and ordered an mro from BCM. Should be here mid-week, hopefully I'll be able to get it out next weekend and put some rounds down range with it!
    Ry, pix once you get it in or it didn't happen.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I love how everyone just dismisses EOTech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Why didnt Trijicon go with external adjustment....?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I love how everyone just dismisses EOTech.

Everyone has had them take a dump, or seen someone have one take a dump, and reliability is the name of this game. At least, that's my .02 on it, from having had an EXPS3-0 begin de-laminating after only a year, and seeing numerous EoFailures on the square range.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Everyone has had them take a dump, or seen someone have one take a dump, and reliability is the name of this game. At least, that's my .02 on it, from having had an EXPS3-0 begin de-laminating after only a year, and seeing numerous EoFailures on the square range.
    Some how I haven't. I have sent two in for warranty issues but both were bought used and they were minor IMO. Just like used X300s I've bought and sent in for minor things. I know very well that the military doesn't buy the best equipment usually, even SOCOM. But if they failed as much as this board likes to think, I really do believe most of them would've been ditched by now. At least unofficially.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast