Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis Discussion

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Medical Cannabis Discussion

Deleted. No need to joust in this thread.
    Last edited by jbjh; 03-26-21 at 00:03.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osesellowe View Post
    it's really a shame that people still don't believe in the benefits of cannabis and cannabis related products.
    It's still very taboo, and most older people are against it.

I had to plead with my Grandmother to try a CBD rub for her knees. Once she finally did (I'm talking years), she was shocked how much it helped the pain, stiffness and inflammation.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The idea that it's not been studied very much because of its legal status is a myth. It's probably the single most studied substance in history. Recent studies are trying to rewrite history and established medical science. If we're talking about naturally occurring, wild cannabis then okay, probably worth looking into. But if we're talking about "medical" then the jury has been in on that one for decades.

There are some facts when it comes to MJ. Fact number one is that it's not natural. Naturally occurring cannabis is extremely low in THC and has zero psychoactive effect. Through horticulture and special growing conditions, ancient man got the THC content up to like 3%, and that was the status quo up until recently. The stuff they're selling in these dispensaries is GMO superweed created and grown in laboratories.

Fact number two is that psychoactive weed does do bad things to the human body. It has terrifying effects on the brain and cannabinoid receptors in the gut, which are for all intents and purposes part of the brain (the so called gut brain connection). Basically it reduces gray matter in the brain, and it reduces the density of cannabinoid receptors in the gut. Advocates have done all kinds of mental gymnastics to try and explain that away as something good, but long term studies on development have proven beyond any doubt that it reduces IQ.

There are also all these bizarre syndromes coming out now from cannabis use. Like cannabinoid hyperemesis. And the loony bins are overflowing with mental people who smoked themselves crazy.

Don't get me wrong, people should be able to do what they want without the government telling them not to. It shouldn't be illegal any more than it's illegal to stick forks in toasters. But people also need to be told the truth, vs. being sold a bill of goods by a government hellbent on reducing the average voter IQ and getting rich through taxation in the process. That right there is the entire agenda behind this in a nutshell. They want to tax it, and they want as many people as possible smoking it, especially young people, because it destroys their ability to be functional individuals.

Feedback Score
    Thank you, very interesting discussion, I think that marijuana will be legalized all over the world in the near future

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    There are some facts when it comes to MJ. Fact number one is that it's not natural. Naturally occurring cannabis is extremely low in THC and has zero psychoactive effect. Through horticulture and special growing conditions, ancient man got the THC content up to like 3%, and that was the status quo up until recently. The stuff they're selling in these dispensaries is GMO superweed created and grown in laboratories.

I agree with the above.

The potency of today's cannabis is definitely worth noting. I just had a conversation with the manager of the local government controlled pot shop that opened in my town. She told me the medical cannabis patients get upset if the THC level is 20%. She told me it's not uncommon for people to buy a bag of weed with 25% THC. The juice that they sell for the vape pens is 70% THC.

I have no doubt that cannabis can be very useful medicine. The recreational use of that high-potency stuff makes me very nervous. We've seen a great uptick in DUIs involving cannabis lately.
    Last edited by signal4l; 04-19-21 at 19:49.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post

I agree with the above.

The potency of today's cannabis is definitely worth noting. I just had a conversation with the manager of the local government controlled pot shop that opened in my town. She told me the medical cannabis patients get upset if the THC level is 20%. She told me it's not uncommon for people to buy a bag of weed with 25% THC. The juice that they sell for the vape pens is 70% THC.

I have no doubt that cannabis can be very useful medicine. The recreational use of that high-potency stuff makes me very nervous. We've seen a great uptick in DUIs lately.
    It’s been legal here for a little while now with no noticeable effects on the total DUI rate. If your against marijuana then you need to be against alcohol as well as it’s related to over 90% of the crime rate not marijuana. So sick of both the pro marijuana and anti marijuana groups distorting the truth. It’s definitely not worth the trillions wasted over the years trying to enforce laws making it illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    It’s been legal here for a little while now with no noticeable effects on the total DUI rate. If your against marijuana then you need to be against alcohol as well as it’s related to over 90% of the crime rate not marijuana. So sick of both the pro marijuana and anti marijuana groups distorting the truth. It’s definitely not worth the trillions wasted over the years trying to enforce laws making it illegal.

I'm not against it per se. I'm certainly not going to tell anyone what they can and can't put in their own bodies, so long as they're willing to take full responsibility for anything they might do while intoxicated. It's also a great symbol of how far off the rails our republic is, when you see politicians ban a weed that grows wild. As far as consenting adults using it occasionally, I don't really have a problem with that, just like I don't have a problem with them going out for drinks on the weekends. However, when I see the sheer volume of weed being sold, it's apparent that lots of them are using it 24/7, and I feel like that's even being normalized. There's no stigma to firing up the bong with your morning coffee, but it seems to have as much impact on physical and mental health as doing shots in the a.m. I'm afraid we're going to see an entire generation get wiped out by habitual abuse.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post

I'm not against it per se. I'm certainly not going to tell anyone what they can and can't put in their own bodies, so long as they're willing to take full responsibility for anything they might do while intoxicated. It's also a great symbol of how far off the rails our republic is, when you see politicians ban a weed that grows wild. As far as consenting adults using it occasionally, I don't really have a problem with that, just like I don't have a problem with them going out for drinks on the weekends. However, when I see the sheer volume of weed being sold, it's apparent that lots of them are using it 24/7, and I feel like that's even being normalized. There's no stigma to firing up the bong with your morning coffee, but it seems to have as much impact on physical and mental health as doing shots in the a.m. I'm afraid we're going to see an entire generation get wiped out by habitual abuse.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    We are not far off. I don’t support people using alcohol either but it’s their choice and I agree with holding people accountable for their actions while intoxicated or stoned. Just don’t think it’s worth our time to keep fighting a losing drug war especially against something as benign as marijuana
    Pat

Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    It's still very taboo, and most older people are against it.

I had to plead with my Grandmother to try a CBD rub for her knees. Once she finally did (I'm talking years), she was shocked how much it helped the pain, stiffness and inflammation.
    It was the same with my grandma, she has artritis and she is very religious so i did not tell her that she was using CBD Balm (had to change the packaging tho) and now she is doing bery fine

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast