Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis Discussion

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    This is Alabama's policy, so much so that I copy and pasted this from a flyer they sent out to citizens through Nextdoor.com where I saw it. We do have more than plenty pain clinics, and doc in the boxes that will write you narcotic prescriptions though

"CBD Oil Facts from Shelby Compact 2020
    CBD Oil has been in the news lately. Therefore, the Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force has created this fact sheet to help answer questions that you may have concerning CBD Oil and its use in Alabama.

Quick facts about CBD oil Question: Is it legal? Answer: No it is not.
    CBD Oil (cannabidiol) is a derivative of the cannabis plant Question: The store clerk and the Internet both say that it is derived from hemp, not marijuana and is therefore legal. Is it true? Answer: No, it is not true.
    Hemp uses seeds and fibers from the cannabis plant's stalk and contains lower levels of THC and high levels of cannabidiol (CBD). Nonetheless, there is indeed the presence of THC and the CBD product will test positive for marijuana.
    Many companies selling CBD oil claim it's derived from industrial hemp and is therefore legal. It is not. 
    Hemp was made illegal to grow without a permit in the U.S. under the Controlled Substances Act passed in 1970 because of its relation to marijuana, and any imported hemp products must meet a zero tolerance level. Some states have made the cultivation of industrial hemp legal, but farmers in many states have not yet begun to grow it because of resistance from the federal Drug Enforcement Administration  The federal government classifies anything that comes from the marijuana plant, including CBD, as a schedule 1 controlled substance, like heroin or LSD, it is illegal at the federal level.

Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force
    Question: What about Carley’s Law and then Leni’s Law. They made CBD legal in Alabama. Answer: Not for everyone
    Carly's Law only applies to individuals with a debilitating epileptic condition who possess a prescription authorized by the University of Alabama-Birmingham, and the oil can only contain 3 percent tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
    Leni's Law applies to people with a debilitating illness that is specifically diagnosed by a doctor, and the oil can only contain up to 3 percent THC. According to the Alabama Attorney General’s Office, “The possession, use, sale and distribution of CBD oil is illegal according to Alabama law. The narrow exception under Alabama law allows a person to only use or possess CBD oil to treat a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition diagnosed by a doctor.”
    This includes CBD in any shape, form, or fashion
    E-cig or Vape Oil  Massage creams  Edibles  Baking products  CBD dog treats "

I don't know anyone who has gotten a prescription under the two provisions, and I imagine most Alabama doctors don't want to risk their ass doing so.
    I wonder how much Jeff Sessions has to do with that? Being an anti-marijuana, pro tobacco shill, I would assume tons.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'd agree he's a huge part of it whether directly involved, or part of a group think anti freedom coalition of politicians that have existed in this Alabama as long as I've been alive.

While Georgia kids get to go to State schools on scholarship due to the lottery, Alabama politicians always vote no. Now Georgia, and Alabama residents can't be that different culturally. In the past I heard many rumors that former crook Gov. Bentley took either campaign donations or bribes in order to ensure Alabama didn't pass pro gambling legislation that would cut back on the flow of Alabama citizens to Biloxi, Tupelo, etc.

Sadly Alabama isn't high on the list of best States for exercising freedom. It's just been within the last decade that we finally passed the law to allow SBRs.

It can't be to long before this whole thing gets settled once and for all when we Federally legalize it's use at the minimum on a medical level, and then perhaps leave it up to individual State's rights to make it legal for rec. or not.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 10-30-18 at 13:06.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterAlex View Post
    I guess yes, it should be legalized for medical purposes only! Marijuana is a proven treatment for a variety of medical conditions. It helps sleeping diorders, stress, it relieves pain from chemotherapy. More info by link
    Some medical benefit is suggested, but very little benefit is proven. I was hopeful that your link would shed some new light on medical benefit, but it's just an article on a website for marijuana enthusiasts about how marijuana gets moldy if not stored properly.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Some medical benefit is suggested, but very little benefit is proven. I was hopeful that your link would shed some new light on medical benefit, but it's just an article on a website for marijuana enthusiasts about how marijuana gets moldy if not stored properly.
    Most of this user's posts appear to be clickbait.

Feedback Score
    I am still waiting for the deeper investigations of medical benefits of marijuana, I do believe that cannabidiol can do miracles, but I also want to hear about side effects. If cannabis wasn't dangerous at all, there won't be so many contradictions around it. Marijuana can do harm to health, it is a well known fact. I don't mind legalize, but I also won't support it until medical weed is 100% investigated and proven safe. I never used one and don't want my kids take it, too. I tolerate vaping and vape shops like https://gypsyvapes.com/ , but to me cannabis is still something like alcohol, drugs, cigrettes, etc. Sorry, just my opinion.

Feedback Score
    Permissive society caused the poor election choices.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaz3 View Post
    Permissive society caused the poor election choices.
    Huh?

Where is this coming from?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    From this whole thread.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaz3 View Post
    From this whole thread.
    Then find another thread to insert your political beliefs.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    It's really a shame that people still don't believe in the benefits of cannabis and cannabis related products.
    I think we have passed the age of demonizing such a powerful natural gift that if grown from quality producers can do miracles. My grandpa was in crazy pain whilst dying from cancer. If we knew back then the effects and benefits of medical marijuana, we would definitely get him some. He would feel much better and if not treated at least the pain would be bearable. Nowadays you just get it prescribed by your family doctor if there is a good reason to be on it.
    Last edited by Osesellowe; 03-29-21 at 15:47.

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast