Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis Discussion

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm all for legitimate reasons like cancer and seizures.

Depression?
    Anxiety?
    Your just a stoner?

Nope, I have depression and anxiety, I'm depressed because I live in a literal shithole and no way to dig out.

I have anxiety because I hate people, unfortunately I can't just get what I'm paid now in a smaller place.

Yet I deal with it because I ****ing have too, when I did smoke pot it didn't help.

All it did was make me want more(pothead), once I quit I have loads of money and started buying guns.

Now many states are moving to a pick one, guns or drugs, I don't care is smoking pot will save my life I refuse to give up my guns.

Las time I was at a hospital was 20 years ago.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Potentially valuable info for those with Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD):

New research, published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation, reveals the molecular mechanism that explains why cannabis could help treat inflammatory bowel disease.
    marijuana leaf

Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is an umbrella term that describes inflammatory conditions affecting the gastrointestinal tract, such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.

In the United States, approximately 1.6 million people are living with such disorders. Almost 70,000 new cases are diagnosed each year.

The chronic inflammation in IBD leads to often debilitating symptoms, such as abdominal pain, rectal bleeding, fatigue, and diarrhea.

"For the first time, we have an understanding of the molecules involved in the process and how endocannabinoids and cannabinoids control inflammation. This gives clinical researchers a new drug target to explore to treat patients [with IBD]." - Prof. Beth A. McCormick

Cont:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322764.php
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^ interesting

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    ^ interesting
    This thread is full of studies, etc supporting the medical uses of cannabis and more and more data coming out all the time now.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    This thread is full of studies, etc supporting the medical uses of cannabis and more and more data coming out all the time now.
    From a clinician's standpoint, I'm all in favor of pharmaceutical research, but I don't root for any particular drug or drug category. Present me with any safe, legal, clinically efficacious drug and I'll use it for conditions that fall within my specialty if and when I think it's appropriate for any given clinical condition. That certainly includes cannabinoids but only as long as the psychoactive component is absent. If there's a potential for getting high, objectivity in pharmaceutical research and clinical application goes out the window. Too much about cannabis as viewed by the public, pharmaceutical industry, physicians, and government revolves around the "getting high" component. Remove that component and you have a much cleaner landscape for determining valid clinical application of medical marijuana based on actual science rather than social overlay or political pressure. If the goal of any part of cannabis legalization is getting high...then cannabinoid use for whatever reason becomes a job for social engineers and legislatures, not Medicine or Pharmacology.

Last edited by Hmac; 08-15-18 at 11:04.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    From a clinician's standpoint, I'm all in favor of pharmaceutical research, but I don't root for any particular drug or drug category. Present me with any safe, legal, clinically efficacious drug and I'll use it for conditions that fall within my specialty if and when I think it's appropriate for any given clinical condition. That certainly includes cannabinoids but only as long as the psychoactive component is absent. If there's a potential for getting high, objectivity in pharmaceutical research and clinical application goes out the window. Too much about cannabis as viewed by the public, pharmaceutical industry, physicians, and government revolves around the "getting high" component. Remove that component and you have a much cleaner landscape for determining valid clinical application of medical marijuana based on actual science rather than social overlay or political pressure. If the goal of any part of cannabis legalization is getting high...then cannabinoid use for whatever reason becomes a job for social engineers and legislatures, not Medicine or Pharmacology.

The CBD is the non psycho active component of the plant and shows a number of medical uses. However, the psycho active component (THC) does appear to have a number of unique benefits in some conditions, and can't be totally removed, just like you can't remove the "getting high" component of say opioides and other drugs, which the public, pharmaceutical industry, physicians, and government accepts as simply an aspect of the drugs that need to be properly managed. Pharma has been trying to find the magic bullet drug for say pain management minus any psycho active component for decades, and to date, none able to replace the meds with a psycho active component. Interestingly, cannabis continues to appear the most successful at replacing the opioides and other meds in some circumstances and is far safer.

My take, as you're well aware: we see the type of research that would make you et al comfortable when a fed schedule change takes place that's not based on poor science/no science, and pressure from pharma, who is playing both ends against the middle to keep it a schedule 1 while they develop meds based on components of cannabis (see more recent above #243) which should offend anyone in the sci/med field.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The CBD is the non psycho active component of the plant and shows a number of medical uses. However, the psycho active component (THC) does appear to have a number of unique benefits in some conditions, and can't be totally removed, just like you can't remove the "getting high" component of say opioides and other drugs, which the public, pharmaceutical industry, physicians, and government accepts as simply an aspect of the drugs that need to be properly managed. Pharma has been trying to find the magic bullet drug for say pain management minus any psycho active component for decades, and to date, none able to replace the meds with a psycho active component. Interestingly, cannabis continues to appear the most successful at replacing the opioides and other meds in some circumstances and is far safer.
    The problem is that the "getting high" component has a distinct tendency to drive the cannabis discussion these days. As a scientist, I am suspicious of the role that that component plays, not as a side effect as it is in opioids, but as a focal point of the whole cannabis issue. I don't see anyone advocating for recreational use of opioids.

My take, as you're well aware: we see the type of research that would make you et al comfortable when a fed schedule change takes place that's not based on poor science/no science, and pressure from pharma, who is playing both ends against the middle to keep it a schedule 1 while they develop meds based on components of cannabis (see more recent above #243) which should offend anyone in the sci/med field.
    There's a lot about "pharma" that offends me, both as a citizen/consumer and as a physician. I realize that your assertion is a popular conspiracy theory (not to say it isn't partially or wholly true), but I have no evidence to prove that it is. As a physician, in the end, at the tip of the prescribing arrow, it doesn't really matter to me. When it comes to prescribing medications for my patients, I get a far bigger pain in my ass from insurance companies than I do from the drug companies.
    Last edited by Hmac; 08-15-18 at 13:58.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Depression?
    Anxiety?
    Your just a stoner?

Nope, I have depression and anxiety, I'm depressed because I live in a literal shithole and no way to dig out.

I have anxiety because I hate people, unfortunately I can't just get what I'm paid now in a smaller place.

Yet I deal with it because I ****ing have too, when I did smoke pot it didn't help.

All it did was make me want more(pothead), once I quit I have loads of money and started buying guns.

Now many states are moving to a pick one, guns or drugs, I don't care is smoking pot will save my life I refuse to give up my guns.

But for those it does help, why is it any of my or your business that they do? I have no issues with your approach, and I have no issues with those who find it assists greatly for various issues, some physical, some not. It's far more non toxic than the alternatives. I know this man, he's a good guy and in his view and experience, it was a life saver for him and the others he works with via a non profit Mission Zero to prevent vet suicides. If he/they find it extremely beneficial, why the hell is it anyone's biz if they use it? I have seen some chit in my day, but I never accidentally shot a kid in the head. I suspect that might leave a lasting impression on some, and they may be unable to just tough it out as you seem to be suggesting.

Meet the Army vet taking on Sessions over medical marijuana

By Gabrielle Fonrouge

Jose Belen was just 20 years old when he and a team of U.S. Army combat soldiers accidentally shot a 7-year-old Iraqi girl in the head during a firefight at the start of the Iraq War.

Fifteen years later, the veteran still struggles to shake that image from his head.

“I watched her die in front of me, closing her eyes and all of that,” Belen told The Post. “I can’t even see my daughter lay down because it reminds me.”

Belen, a native New Yorker, has been struggling with PTSD ever since and for over ten years of his life, he contemplated suicide on a nearly daily basis. He said despite all the pills he was told to take from the VA hospital, marijuana that was given to him by a friend was the drug that saved him.

On Wednesday, he came from Florida to Manhattan federal court, where he and five other plaintiffs have filed a lawsuit against Attorney General Jeff Sessions and the Drug Enforcement Agency to make it easier for veterans to obtain medical cannabis.

Cont:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/14/meet-t...cal-marijuana/
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-23-18 at 11:07.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Depression?
    Anxiety?
    Your just a stoner?

You haven't really seen anxiety if it's only disliking people

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 08-23-18 at 12:17.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Why anybody gives a **** if anyone else smokes weed is beyond me.

Freedumb.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast