G&R Tactical
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Medical Cannabis Discussion

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    You know I always qualify such things, and per above "This is N = 1 subjective anecdotal to be sure," cuz I do science

Just like case studies, weak evidence taken alone, but we don't ignore them either as they mount. Irrespective of her experience, I thought interviews and her total presentation both compelling and interesting.

For me, if other modalities have been attempted and exhausted (per her story) and people find relief from what is a very low toxicity compound, then by all means try it and we can figure out the mechanisms of action later. The data on MM for neuropathic pain conditions is decent, or at least good enough to fall under the "worth a try" category in my opinion.
    I readily agree that you are very inclined to be "data vs anecdote" aware.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I readily agree that you are very inclined to be "data vs anecdote" aware.
    I do my best brother. I don't have issues with anecdotal/subjective intel if kept in appropriate context. They are never taken as fact, nor counter proof of quality data, and "In God We Trust, everyone else must show data" is the mantra. Having said that, fact is, many breakthroughs and discoveries have been built on them - anecdotal/subjective discoveries and experiences - and plenty died in denial of them throughout history.

Keep an open mind, just not so open your brain falls out
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I found this appropriate because as I read it, I immediately thought of this thread.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    C. S. Lewis

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I do and that you see the irony and embrace it as such.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I found this appropriate because as I read it, I immediately thought of this thread.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    C. S. Lewis

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I do and that you see the irony and embrace it as such.
    LOL, I read the first sentence as "Of all trannies..." I really need to spend less time on the interwebs. Any who, it's a classic quote and appropriate.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

www.OptimalSWAT.com

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    As for me, there are a lot of medical reports that prove that marijuana can help in many health issues. I am for total legalization.
    When I needed help with my terrible pains, I turned to cannasos.com and found a great solution to my problem.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FunWeedBox View Post
    As for me, there are a lot of medical reports that prove that marijuana can help in many health issues. I am for total legalization.
    Dat name to post ratio...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

www.OptimalSWAT.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Dat name to post ratio...
    Shant be long now.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." -George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Interesting findings:

Medical Marijuana Reduces Opioid Prescriptions, Another Study Finds

"In this study, we found that statewide medical cannabis legalization implemented in 1993 - 2014 in the US was associated with close to 30% reductions in Schedule III opioids received by Medicaid enrollees," the researchers, from the University of California San Diego and Weill Cornell Medical College, wrote in the journal Addiction.

Calculating the cost of opioid pain drugs that patients would have otherwise purchased, the study estimated that medical cannabis legalization in states that have so far adopted it saves the federal government $7.46 million in annual Medicaid spending. Add to that an additional $6.54 million in savings for states.

"[I]f all the states had legalized medical cannabis by 2014, Medicaid annual spending on opioid prescriptions would be reduced by 17.8 million dollars," the study projected.

While the research showed a clear reduction in prescriptions of Schedule III opioids, it did not find a correlation between allowance of medical marijuana and use of drugs classified under the more restrictive Schedule II of the Controlled Substances Act.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomange...1#54b18d66b002
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

www.OptimalSWAT.com

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324