Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis Discussion

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    Yes that is true when applying for the stamp. I'm wondering if you apply for MMJ after you already own NFA firearms (which would end any further NFA purchases) I'm guessing it's not possible without repercussions. I'd assume you could be approved for MMJ but then once it's entered in the system, would they try to confiscate your firearms or arrest you?
    A good Q and an important one at that. Might be worth it's own thread in general topics. WAG on my end: there's no fed data base for legal users on the state level of MC users as it's not legal on the fed level so the ATF does not get an alert when someone from a state with legal MC gets a card. Unless you got jammed up for some reason for them to look, then I can see them using that as a reason to confiscate NFA stuff.

I'm unclear how a state level data bank would impact fed level NFA in terms of their respective data talking to each other. Again, I may be off base there and would be interested to know the correct answer. What I found so far:

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/201...uana-card.html
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It isn't just NFA firearms. It's any firearm. Those question exist on your plain ol' yellow 4473 too.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2016/rpt/pdf/2016-R-0239.pdf

ISSUE
    Can medical marijuana card holders buy firearms legally under federal law?

SUMMARY
    In August, a three-judge panel of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed a decision by the U.S. District Court of Nevada, which held that the holder of a medical marijuana card could not purchase a firearm (Wilson v. Lynch, F.39---(2016), (2016 WL 4537376)).

ATF Regulations
    ATF has adopted regulations implementing the federal law. On September 21, 2011, ATF issued a letter to gun dealers stating in part that:
    Any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her State has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance, and is prohibited by Federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition. . . . if you are aware that the potential transferee is in possession of a card authorizing the possession and use of marijuana under State law, then you have “reasonable cause to believe” that the person is an unlawful user of a controlled substance. As such, you may not transfer firearms or ammunition to the person. . . . (Open Letter to all Federal Firearms Licensees dated Sept. 21, 2011).

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    It isn't just NFA firearms. It's any firearm. Those question exist on your plain ol' yellow 4473 too.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2016/rpt/pdf/2016-R-0239.pdf
    Apply this to alcohol, prescription pain-killers, anti-deppressants, cough medicine, etc and you'll have an outrage.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Apply this to alcohol, prescription pain-killers, anti-deppressants, cough medicine, etc and you'll have an outrage.
    Except it's illegal. There was outrage during prohibition. The people that became outraged often used firearms in organized crime to distribute illegal alcohol, much like marijuana dealers do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What would happen if a jihadist started opening fire in a mall and the one guy with a CWP saves the day- but smoked MMJ a few hours previous? He would be criminalized heavier by government officials than the shooter.

I can see it now..

Terrorist plot FOILED BY POT SMOKING DEGENERATE who could of put many others in critical danger with his actions.

They make anyone involved take a preliminary drug screening which would probably result in being arrested, charged for unlawful discharge of his firearms, jail time, lose his job, couldn't own a firearm ever again, and ridiculed by many.

Not to mention the family of alleged terrorist suing him or the state for his actions. LoL

I'm in no way whatsoever advocating to handle or carry a firearm while under any influence, but I guarantee marijuana opponents would be having a field day!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    They do that with those with alcohol in their system now...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Yeah, except that it's not going to be applied to any of those things....they're legal. The outrage isn't going to happen.

Feedback Score
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For those with Crohn's Disease, some very promising results. Study is small however, but was well controlled. Further trails are warranted to be sure:

Cannabis Induces a Clinical Response in Patients With Crohn's Disease: A Prospective Placebo-Controlled Study

Background & Aims

The marijuana plant Cannabis sativa has been reported to produce beneficial effects for patients with inflammatory bowel diseases, but this has not been investigated in controlled trials. We performed a prospective trial to determine whether cannabis can induce remission in patients with Crohn's disease.

Methods

We studied 21 patients (mean age, 40 ± 14 y; 13 men) with Crohn's Disease Activity Index (CDAI) scores greater than 200 who did not respond to therapy with steroids, immunomodulators, or anti–tumor necrosis factor-α agents. Patients were assigned randomly to groups given cannabis, twice daily, in the form of cigarettes containing 115 mg of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) or placebo containing cannabis flowers from which the THC had been extracted. Disease activity and laboratory tests were assessed during 8 weeks of treatment and 2 weeks thereafter.

Results

Complete remission (CDAI score, <150) was achieved by 5 of 11 subjects in the cannabis group (45%) and 1 of 10 in the placebo group (10%; P = .43). A clinical response (decrease in CDAI score of >100) was observed in 10 of 11 subjects in the cannabis group (90%; from 330 ± 105 to 152 ± 109) and 4 of 10 in the placebo group (40%; from 373 ± 94 to 306 ± 143; P = .028). Three patients in the cannabis group were weaned from steroid dependency. Subjects receiving cannabis reported improved appetite and sleep, with no significant side effects.

Conclusions

Although the primary end point of the study (induction of remission) was not achieved, a short course (8 weeks) of THC-rich cannabis produced significant clinical, steroid-free benefits to 10 of 11 patients with active Crohn's disease, compared with placebo, without side effects. Further studies, with larger patient groups and a nonsmoking mode of intake, are warranted.

ClinicalTrials.gov, NCT01040910.

Full Paper:

http://www.cghjournal.org/article/S1...604-6/fulltext
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This is an odd one. Per the Mayo link:

"Gynecomastia is triggered by a decrease in the amount of the hormone testosterone compared with estrogen. The cause of this decrease can be conditions that block the effects of or reduce testosterone or a condition that increases your estrogen level. "

It's a generally accepted view cannabis has a negative impact on the above, but recent data does not support it. The data is conflicting and of course it's dose dependent. My guess is, from the bulk of the data to date, in high enough doses for long enough periods, it may negatively impact T levels, bu the magnitude of the effect also does not appear to be large. A few studies found an increase in T but reduced sperm counts.

My conclusion, if you have a medical condition for which MC may help, risk of man boobs probably not a good reason to avoid use of MC. Your mileage may vary.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast