Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis Discussion

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    N = 1 result, but pretty amazing result. I think we can safely say, the baby didn't have that response due to placebo effect. Either, the CBD treatment was effective, or, it was a spontaneous remission unrelated to the cannabis.

Interesting to note a pharma is attempting to lock up such treatments for aggressive brain tumors (1)

Cannabis Oil Cures 8 Month Old Infant of Cancer, Dissolving Large Inoperable Tumor In 8 Months

http://usahealthtimes.com/2018/03/16...r-in-8-months/

(1) http://usahealthtimes.com/2018/04/08...-cancer-cures/

GW Pharmaceuticals announced Wednesday that it has been issued a Notice of Allowance from the U.S. Patent Office for a patent application involving the use of THCand CBD, the two main chemicals in marijuana, for treating gliomas.Once a patent application is deemed a genuine invention, the Patent Office sends a Notice of Allowance that outlines the fees involved with final approval.

Specifically, the company provides this description of the patent:

“The subject patent specifically covers a method for treating glioma in a human using a combination of cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) wherein the cannabinoids are in a ratio of from 1:1 to 1:20 (THC:CBD) with the intent to reduce cell viability, inhibit cell growth or reduce tumor volume.”
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

Cannabis Oil Cures 8 Month Old Infant of Cancer, Dissolving Large Inoperable Tumor In 8 Months

Good lord. This is exactly the kind of thing that the True Believers will desperately siege as actual scientific evidence. If this is the banner that the Cannabis Faithful are going to carry, the movement is doomed if it ever expects any real scientific credibility. Might as well just label the whole cannabis discussion what it actually is....a social experiment. I have no problem with social experiments, but I'm offended by the pretense by some (not Will) that any of this stupid shit is actual science.

Last edited by Hmac; 04-30-18 at 05:42.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Good lord. This is exactly the kind of thing that the True Believers will desperately siege as actual scientific evidence. If this is the banner that the Cannabis Faithful are going to carry, the movement is doomed if it ever expects any real scientific credibility. Might as well just label the whole cannabis discussion what it actually is....a social experiment. I have no problem with social experiments, but I'm offended by the pretense by some (not Will) that any of this stupid shit is actual science.
    Per above, it's just n = 1, and people will do as they wish with that info. True believers in anything don't tend to require legit science to believe in a thing regardless. We can say, the effect has been seen before, and apparently compelling enough (per second link) for pharma to get patents, and set up a clinical looking at gliomas, and I don't think they'd put the type of investment into that if they didn't find enough compelling evidence to pursue it. So, more data needed, but I think that one is compelling and I'd be willing to try it at least as it falls under the "first do no harm" category it appears and may do some good.

I actually know a women personally who had a dog given months to live due to a brain tumor, and the dogs tumor shrank radically when given high doses of CBD (saw the films myself) and the dog live over 2 years. Now, as a scientist, I have to, per above, add the caveat that I do not know the CBD was responsible for the effect, no matter how compelling, but I continue to track developments.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    At this point, isn't it about time we let go of the holier than thou attitude and let those in pain make decisions about how they treat their own ailments?
    If you don't believe that marijuana is helpful to you, why not just don't use it yourself?
    Medicine should involve patients making decisions with Doctors, not Doctors and Lawyers deciding what is always right for patients.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    At this point, isn't it about time we let go of the holier than thou attitude and let those in pain make decisions about how they treat their own ailments?
    If you don't believe that marijuana is helpful to you, why not just don't use it yourself?
    Medicine should involve patients making decisions with Doctors, not Doctors and Lawyers deciding what is always right for patients.
    Holier than thou . I think you're confusing "holier than thou" with "ethical practice of medicine". I personally couldn't care less if you legalize marijuana for recreational use as some kind of social experiment and most doctors I know feel the same way. But please don't try to weasel it into that arena as some kind of valid medical treatment that a doctor has to prescribe unless you can come up with actual scientific evidence that is has some valid clinical applicability. A lot of the bullshit "science" on the subject could come right out of High Times. Oh, and by the way....make it a legal medication that doesn't put doctors' DEA licenses at risk.

Doctors didn't make it illegal and aren't keeping it illegal. That's your government at work.
    Last edited by Hmac; 05-01-18 at 22:51.

Feedback Score
    Holier than thou . I think you're confusing "holier than thou" with "ethical practice of medicine". I personally couldn't care less if you legalize marijuana for recreational use as some kind of social experiment and most doctors I know feel the same way. But please don't try to weasel it into that arena as some kind of valid medical treatment that a doctor has to prescribe unless you can come up with actual scientific evidence that is has some valid clinical applicability. A lot of the bullshit "science" on the subject could come right out of High Times. Oh, and by the way....make it a legal medication that doesn't put doctors' DEA licenses at risk.

Doctors didn't make it illegal and aren't keeping it illegal. That's your government at work.
    Really when poisoning people is the best cancer cure we have I see nothing ethical that has been done to my relatives at outrageous prices, it's time we started questioning the status quo in many areas of medicine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I don't think he's pointing the blame at the docs in those comments. As we have discussed, it's stuck in something between a rock and hard place with current fed schedule, and that's what needs to change to get the type of answers, via data, we need to parse what's reality of medical M and what's nonsense, but pharma also lobbies to keep the schedule all the while getting patents and researching medical M so that when the time comes, they can lock that up too. Docs are not the problem in that soup in my experience.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My government is doing the bidding of the big pharma folks who have the deep pockets.
    I don't particularly care what is called a valid medical treatment if someone has their pain alleviated by marijuana and it isn't hurting anyone else, that should be enough.
    I don't think anyone having a hard time with pain, nausea or the general aggravation associated with some medical treatment should be dictated to. In some cases this is a end of, or possible end of life decision, so if ingesting some high potency grade marijuana takes the edge off, good for them.
    Again though, because you could potentially grow this stuff at home and not require a prescription, a pharmaceutical company to produce it, or some sort of .gov controls to regulate it, it simply wont happen.
    The same guys who bought John Boherner three or four Scotch's with his dinner as they lobbied him to keep fighting that War on Drugs, or to keep marijuana laws in place so patients didn't get that option, didn't conveniently see their hypocrisy because there simply wasn't any cash in it for them.
    But John got his Scotch didn't he? Now that they aren't buying John Scotch anymore;

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/11/u...marijuana.html
    John A. Boehner, the speaker of the House from 2011 to 2015, reversed a long-held stance against marijuana legalization on Wednesday, saying on Twitter that “my thinking on cannabis has evolved.”
    Mr. Boehner, a Republican leader who in 2011 told a constituent he was “unalterably opposed” to legalization, joined the board of advisers of Acreage Holdings, a cannabis corporation that operates in 11 states.

So let's not fool ourselves, it's not about patients, or studies or laws, it's about money and our legislators being bought off by pharmaceutical company lobbyists.
    Ironically here we sit in front of computers on a web site devoted to guns and keeping our Second Amendment, when our other freedoms are being bought and sold by lobbyists in Washington DC.
    Your Freedoms and your adult decisions should be left to the individual and not bought and sold like stocks and bonds.

Feedback Score
    My government is doing the bidding of the big pharma folks who have the deep pockets.
    I don't particularly care what is called a valid medical treatment if someone has their pain alleviated by marijuana and it isn't hurting anyone else, that should be enough.
    I don't think anyone having a hard time with pain, nausea or the general aggravation associated with some medical treatment should be dictated to. In some cases this is a end of, or possible end of life decision, so if ingesting some high potency grade marijuana takes the edge off, good for them.
    Again though, because you could potentially grow this stuff at home and not require a prescription, a pharmaceutical company to produce it, or some sort of .gov controls to regulate it, it simply wont happen.
    The same guys who bought John Boherner three or four Scotch's with his dinner as they lobbied him to keep fighting that War on Drugs, or to keep marijuana laws in place so patients didn't get that option, didn't conveniently see their hypocrisy because there simply wasn't any cash in it for them.
    But John got his Scotch didn't he? Now that they aren't buying John Scotch anymore;

John A. Boehner, the speaker of the House from 2011 to 2015, reversed a long-held stance against marijuana legalization on Wednesday, saying on Twitter that “my thinking on cannabis has evolved.”
    Mr. Boehner, a Republican leader who in 2011 told a constituent he was “unalterably opposed” to legalization, joined the board of advisers of Acreage Holdings, a cannabis corporation that operates in 11 states.

So let's not fool ourselves, it's not about patients, or studies or laws, it's about money and our legislators being bought off by pharmaceutical company lobbyists.
    Ironically here we sit in front of computers on a web site devoted to guns and keeping our Second Amendment, when our other freedoms are being bought and sold by lobbyists in Washington DC.
    Your Freedoms and your adult decisions should be left to the individual and not bought and sold like stocks and bonds.
    Well said

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Absolutely nailed it. Phenomenal post.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast