Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis Discussion

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Anecdotes don't cut it when you're "prescribing" a Schedule I drug, and your DEA license is granted by..surprise...the DEA.

And ancecdotes is all that's all we have so far.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It shouldn't need to be prescribed.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    It shouldn't need to be prescribed.

It can't be prescribed since prescriptive authority is based on a license from the DEA and a Schedule I drug can't be prescribed. Doctors can, if they're willing to expose themselves to the considerable risks, provide an "authorization" to purchase or possess if the state where they're licensed provides for such a thing.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    It can't be prescribed since prescriptive authority is based on a license from the DEA and a Schedule I drug can't be prescribed. Doctors can, if they're willing to expose themselves to the considerable risks, provide an "authorization" to purchase or possess if the state where they're licensed provides for such a thing.
    Thats right, I forgot about that. I'll revise my comment and say that a patient shouldn't need a doctors recommendation or authorization if they want to try MMJ. In Colorado for instance you can just go to a dispensary.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Medical cannabis is available in this state, only liquid or pill form. There are three distribution centers around the state. Annual registration fee of $200, plus the fee for the product at point of sale. No insurance coverage obviously. Practitioners that want to authorize it have to be certified by the state. I don't know of any doctors that have signed up to authorize, nor do I know of any hospitals around here that have authorized its use within the facility. I know of a few practices where it's been voted as prohibited for practitioners to authorize, and a few hospitals where they specifically prohibit it on the premises.

Whether such regulation should or shouldn't imposed is moot. It is, and it doesn't look like that's changing any time soon. Until and unless cannabis is removed from Schedule 1, it will be fringe medicine and something most doctors will stay well clear of.

Last edited by Hmac; 09-13-15 at 17:07.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Anecdotes don't cut it when you're "prescribing" a Schedule I drug, and your DEA license is granted by..surprise...the DEA.

And ancecdotes is all that's all we have so far.
    If I were a doc, I wouldn't risk my license on Anecdotes either. Having said that, I posit there's more data than most realize, but clearly, additional and large scale studies need to be conducted, and until the legal aspects get squared away, it will not happen.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    If I were a doc, I wouldn't risk my license on Anecdotes either. Having said that, I posit there's more data than most realize, but clearly, additional and large scale studies need to be conducted, and until the legal aspects get squared away, it will not happen.
    Yes, I'm sure there is lots of data, but until level 1 evidence shows up in the peer-reviewed literature, it ain't happening.

Feedback Score
    I kinda see it all as BS and a reason for people to get high. I personally think that the placebo effect is what it comes down to. If I was high as shit I wouldn't be worried about my back being sore or what have you.
    It's just not for me, I guess if you say it helps you, then fine. But I'm still gonna judge you as a pothead. No offense to the stoners out there

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMW89 View Post
    I kinda see it all as BS and a reason for people to get high. I personally think that the placebo effect is what it comes down to. If I was high as shit I wouldn't be worried about my back being sore or what have you.
    It's just not for me, I guess if you say it helps you, then fine. But I'm still gonna judge you as a pothead. No offense to the stoners out there
    So you judge people who have a beer as a drunk or those using codeine post op for pain as druggies? Maybe take a few to watch that vid I posted and or follow up with what I actually wrote. You demonstrate bias based on pre conceived notions due to lack of knowledge.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    So you judge people who have a beer as a drunk or those using codeine post op for pain as druggies? Maybe take a few to watch that vid I posted and or follow up with what I actually wrote. You demonstrate bias based on pre conceived notions due to lack of knowledge.
    I just thought it was a discussion, rather than "everyone tell me how much you agree with me".

I drink lots of beer. I don't say it's medicinal though. Maybe all the younger people (my age) that suddenly come down with glaucoma takes away the legitimacy for me.

I know that a lot of people in their twenties are all for it. I just see a bunch of my peers acting like idiots, legally.

And besides, I said no offense.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast