Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which S&W .44 mag?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrt View Post
    ???
    Papabear's 1st sentence stated that he had a "...6" 357 Model 629..." and that never existed. That's all I was referring to.
    But...
    I had my 686 and 629 mixed up with some sleepers and a long days work. Not bueno. Im almost getting squared away. Thay have so many special revisions and releases and barrel lengths and fluted wheels and not fluted wheels. Kinda fun being newbie on these guns. I know I don't need a 44, but I will get one. The gun that really had me going was the 44 mag with 8 3/4 with ported barrel. It has a huge orange , looks like a Fiber Optic front sight. Not an insert, the whole pole was FO ish looking material. It was performance center filled with hand worked love. $1339

vs the bare bones 629 SS 6 inch for $850. I added another $150 for trigger work to my preference. Therefore it was another $339 for the nicer gun which I wanted. Since I can't get my mind off it, thats where I will probably end back up.

Question: Any one have any issue with that huge Orange FO post on those guns, if you even know what I speak of? I really liked it, but durability concerned me a bit??
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Based on your response P. Bear, I give you exactly what you are looking for........

629 PC This one has Nills purchased separately.

This is the gun that is keeping me up at nights. The one I saw had a huge orange Front sight. I liked it. HK Guns we do share some appreciations of fine weapons.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    [IMG][/IMG]

This is the current massive wheel gun collection.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-15-15 at 16:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I had my 686 and 629 mixed up with some sleepers and a long days work. Not bueno. Im almost getting squared away. Thay have so many special revisions and releases and barrel lengths and fluted wheels and not fluted wheels. Kinda fun being newbie on these guns. I know I don't need a 44, but I will get one. The gun that really had me going was the 44 mag with 8 3/4 with ported barrel. It has a huge orange , looks like a Fiber Optic front sight. Not an insert, the whole pole was FO ish looking material. It was performance center filled with hand worked love. $1339

vs the bare bones 629 SS 6 inch for $850. I added another $150 for trigger work to my preference. Therefore it was another $339 for the nicer gun which I wanted. Since I can't get my mind off it, thats where I will probably end back up.

Question: Any one have any issue with that huge Orange FO post on those guns, if you even know what I speak of? I really liked it, but durability concerned me a bit??
    If you were to encounter issues with the Orange FO post front sight, replacement is easy enough, I wouldn't worry about it. Plus with the easily interchangeable front sights (provided you don't mind drifting them into a dovetail) you can play with a variety of front sights to find the perfect sight picture for you.

Assuming that you reload, I think you will really end up liking the .44 Magnum a lot more than you might imagine. For some reason in my experience the big bores tend to be a bit more accurate than the .357 Magnum, I can't explain it but it's just my observation.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    [IMG][/IMG]

This is the current massive wheel gun collection.
    Nice, but you got the colors backwards.

Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Back when I was younger (12 years old), my dad bought a 6" 629 and a 4" 686. I originally shot the 686, which was nice, and he shot the 629. I'm not a fan of .357 Magnum, but really like .44 Magnum.

He cut his hand on the grip, and wanted to sell it off. Loved that gun, so we switched.

Still have it, and he still has his 686.

It is a 629-1, which I'd recommend. No lock, hammer mounted firing pin... more or less, built right.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Nice, but you got the colors backwards.

Nicely done. those wood grips look so rich. good looking gun. Im heading down a deep dark path right now.

Screwball, you did good. Did real good.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-16-15 at 14:19.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Im heading down a deep dark path right now.
    Well, ****.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-25-15 at 14:45.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Well, ****. You weren't kidding.

This thread really did me in. Look what followed me home today.

Do tell us about your new family member. Just awesome.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Well, ****. You weren't kidding.

This thread really did me in. Look what followed me home today.

Do tell us about your new family member. Just awesome.
    That would be a recent production of their "Classics" line. I would say 6.5" barrel. Factory grips replace with a set of Houge's.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 09-16-15 at 16:55.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast