Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Binary Firing System" from Franklin Armory - fire on pull AND on release

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Seems like a really bad idea.

At least the selector uses the "auto" side for the pull and release function. And I suppose if you only consider it as a "two round burst" option, and heavily train with it, AND of course as long as you can switch to safe while pressed in order to "abort" having it fire on release (not sure about this)... Then I guess it's OK. Although I bet the typical user would consider none of those things in actual use... And instead bubba will just dump ammo as fast as possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post

At least the selector uses the "auto" side for the pull and release function. And I suppose if you only consider it as a "two round burst" option, and heavily train with it, AND of course as long as you can switch to safe while pressed in order to "abort" having it fire on release (not sure about this)... Then I guess it's OK. Although I bet the typical user would consider none of those things in actual use... And instead bubba will just dump ammo as fast as possible.
    That seems to be the typical thing that happens with slide fire stocks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Not really anything new, fire on press & release triggers were around in the 1990's for the Mini-14.
    Last edited by JasonB1; 09-16-15 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    So many Automag paintball gun reminders lately. First the "reactive" style trigger and now the fire on pull and release trigger. While I believe there has been a firearm with an electronic trigger, I'm sure another one will come out soon enough. A super light microswitch trigger that allows you walk trigger for an easy 600-700 rounds per minute.

Feedback Score
    ATF isn't a fan of electronic triggers because it's easy to make them machine guns.

Feedback Score
    I may have misunderstood your post but I don't think it works this way. Seems to me that in mode three you pull the trigger to the rear (hammer does not not fall) and when you release the trigger the hammer falls. Not sure if I'm correct though.

Last edited by crrider; 09-17-15 at 22:26.

Feedback Score
    They announced 2 triggers: one that fires either in normal or reverse mode (selector to semi = normal, selector to auto = reverse) and another that fires either normally or on BOTH pull and release. In mode 3 the BFS fires twice as many rounds as a traditional trigger for a given number of pulls/releases.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    They announced 2 triggers: one that fires either in normal or reverse mode (selector to semi = normal, selector to auto = reverse) and another that fires either normally or on BOTH pull and release. In mode 3 the BFS fires twice as many rounds as a traditional trigger for a given number of pulls/releases.
    Right, that's what I read anyhow.

As to the concern of if you just shot, are held down, can you go to safe without releasing another shot? Because if you can't, that's about least safe trigger on the market.

Feedback Score
    Got it. Thanks for squaring me away.

Feedback Score
    Right, that's what I read anyhow.

As to the concern of if you just shot, are held down, can you go to safe without releasing another shot? Because if you can't, that's about least safe trigger on the market.
    They say if you pull, put on semi, release it doesn't fire again. The second paragraph says this for the reverse firing one, the third for binary firing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast