Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 22 Mags Scratch cases

Feedback Score

Glock 22 Mags Scratch cases

Ok so I bought 2 preban glock 22 used 15rd magazines for $75 a piece before the ban ended. I also bought new springs for them. This is my chamber load night stand self defence weapon, and I unload and load a round in it every now and then.

I pulled out the magazine the other day and ejected the chambered round and I had to look at it close. It has some pretty scary looking scratchs on it. I think it's coming from the magazine metal lips on the glock mags.

Should I be worried about these scratches? I almost thought they were cracks in the case

I'm thinking about trying to smooth those lips with a file or something.

Anyone else have this problem? Am I too paronide? I can post pics later today.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Leave it alone. This is perfectly normal.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Leave it alone. This is perfectly normal.
    I just ordered a new mag and going to see how this works out.

ToddG Guest
    As demi said, it's nothing to worry about. All sorts of things can cause your cases to get scratched and at this point you don't have any information suggesting it's being caused by something bad. It's even possible the case was scratched before you put the round in the gun and you simply hadn't noticed.

Feedback Score
    I have a Glock 26 that I probably chamber and unchamber a round just as much with and it has scratchs, but the G22 is much worse

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My G22 scratches up my carry ammo pretty good too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

ToddG Guest
    But at least they're perfect scratches.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    My G22 scratches up my carry ammo pretty good too.
    Yeah maybe tomorrow while i'm sick from work i'll try a few diffrent mags on some new inspected ammo and see if there is a diffrence in my mags.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Something to thing about also. If you continuously load/ unload the same round in the weapon you will start to observe wear on the rim of the cartridge. It is highly recommended that you rotate the rounds around otherwise you can expect a failure to extract as the rim will be worn and the extractor will not grab it.

I also have a G22 in addition to others and it happens. No big deal. Whatever you do, do not start filing the lips on your magazines.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    And bullet setback. The G22 isn't nearly as bad as a 1911. But with a high pressure round like the 40 smith, a little bullet setback from repeated chambering of the same round can be dangerous.

Some people never chamber a round more than once. I'll give a round two or three chamberings before I rotate it out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast