Thread: Tripods

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Tripods

I am interested in giving tripoding a try with my long range 6.5 AR. The set up I am considering is using the magpul m lok tripod adapter which uses the Manfrotto RC2/Q2 interface. Does anyone have experience with this set up. Advice about tripods in general?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The Hog Saddle is another option that will work with any rifle, not just one with M Lok.

Feedback Score
    Why not a simple Y adaptor like this. http://www.amazon.com/V-Yoke-Attachm.../dp/B005F0S29G I have a monopod with this on it, and it can also go on a tripod.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Y adapter would work but I was thinking that a mount type attachment with give the setup greater stability. I have looked at a few tripods but am having trouble fining one that can handle the weight of a rifle as most are made for cameras and optics. The rifle I will be using it with is heavy.... I am guessing 13 lbs with 20" h bar PRS stock and hi power scope.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Tripods

Quote Originally Posted by Macht View Post
    The Hog Saddle is another option that will work with any rifle, not just one with M Lok.
    This could work.... Thanks for pointing it out. A little expensive thought... That magpul adapter is $50.

Last edited by AssGasOrBrass; 09-23-15 at 16:48.