Thread: X products can cannon questions

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

X products can cannon questions

So I heard its in the NFA territory now. I haven't found a definite answer to if its an SBR or AOW. I don't have an SBR but filing a F1 to build a custom Noveske SBR. Once I have the papers can I use the cannon on that Noveske or do I need to file another F1 to use the cannon. Or would it be better to build a dedicated cannon platform and F1 as a AOW or would it be an SBR? Do I need 1 stamp or 2, one for the purpose of the SBR and one for the cannon? Sorry for the complication.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It was declared an SBR, so you may only use it on a registered, engraved lower. It's no an SBR until mounted on a lower with a stock, so it's ok to have multiple uppers and only one SBR lower. However, you cannot legally use the can cannon on a non-SBR lower, even if you have the Noveske SBR with you as well.

Also, just having the can cannon and a non-SBR lower near each other could be constructive possession. Stash the cannon away from your lowers until the F1 comes back with your stamp.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-X Fil View Post
    It was declared an SBR, so you may only use it on a registered, engraved lower. It's no an SBR until mounted on a lower with a stock, so it's ok to have multiple uppers and only one SBR lower. However, you cannot legally use the can cannon on a non-SBR lower, even if you have the Noveske SBR with you as well.

Also, just having the can cannon and a non-SBR lower near each other could be constructive possession. Stash the cannon away from your lowers until the F1 comes back with your stamp.
    I am going to assume if they made the barrel 16.1 inches it would be a total non issue?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Maybe - but it's an AOW on a pistol lower, which doesn't make sense if the barrel length is the only issue. It seems like the SBR tag is more for their convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    How is it an SBR if it doesn't have a rifled barrel? And how would it be an AOW since it doesn't fire fixed cartridges?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TaterTot View Post
    How is it an SBR if it doesn't have a rifled barrel? And how would it be an AOW since it doesn't fire fixed cartridges?

Hey, just in case you forgot, we talking about the BATFE here.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Hey, just in case you forgot, we talking about the BATFE here.
    Right, right... I attempted to insert logic and following the the letter of the law... My bad