Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How could we get suppressors off of the NFA?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    So keep everything as it is, and let the crazies go around shooting up schools?

Makes sense to me...
    Try and ban/control this: http://gizmodo.com/3d-printed-guns-a...ier-1677747439

Try and ban/control what was used in Boston Marathon bombing: pressure cooker with metal bits inside

It is naive to assume that banning/regulating something such as guns won't result in perps substituting something else in their place.

If I was a nut job, I'd mow you down with my giant truck for disagreeing with me, and no regulation would stop me from doing it. Fortunately, I value innocent life and don't find that to be a remotely appropriate method to settle a civil disagreement. Ergo, I type in a forum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oberstgreup View Post
    No, we can't. It's not up to us. It's up to the entire electorate, the vast majority of whom are not in either camp. We can shout "No retreat, no surrender!" til we're blue in the face, but if 51% of the voters decide they agree with the other side, there is not a single thing we can do about it.
    A more then 50% of the American people support gun rights, with a media campaign and the continued conquest of the cultural landscape, factored in with taking back education via vouchers and choice as well as reducing immigration we can win this long term.

In the mean time, lets push, worse case we do not not win, but if you do not try and change something, nothing ever changes.

Look at Heller and McDonald, and that was with a court that is stacked against us.

This is not war and it isn't football, it's politics. Politics doesn't work like war or football. You don't win at politics by knocking heads, you win by persuading people that you are right. This requires rational discussion, not fanaticism. No retreats is a fine goal and I agree with it but by itself making that pledge accomplishes nothing.
    You are right, but like in war what matters is victory, how is it achieved is of little consequence.

We have the facts, we have the stats, we have more and more of a message and in the face of the nation and world going to hell and people starting to see it we can restore the 2nd Amendment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang4Buck View Post
    Try and ban/control this: http://gizmodo.com/3d-printed-guns-a...ier-1677747439

Try and ban/control what was used in Boston Marathon bombing: pressure cooker with metal bits inside

It is naive to assume that banning/regulating something such as guns won't result in perps substituting something else in their place.

If I was a nut job, I'd mow you down with my giant truck for disagreeing with me, and no regulation would stop me from doing it. Fortunately, I value innocent life and don't find that to be a remotely appropriate method to settle a civil disagreement. Ergo, I type in a forum.
    Hell ban bleach and ammonia.

Ban drones that can carry more then 5 pounds.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCumia View Post
    Hell ban bleach and ammonia.

Ban drones that can carry more then 5 pounds.
    don't forget to ban knives. The UK knows what they're doing, right?

http://www.citizen-action.com/britis...es/article1327

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang4Buck View Post
    don't forget to ban knives. The UK knows what they're doing, right?

http://www.citizen-action.com/britis...es/article1327
    Yea its not like they can make more with any metal and heat...Right?

Or shapen sticks, or just import guns...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Please bring attention to the NFA. Libtards will demand all "assault weapons" be added to it, etc. etc.

Exactly.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    They're already demanding confiscation of all guns already, so what's your point? Playing defense has only led to an erosion of rights. By pointing how how asinine it is to put hearing protection under the NFA & how arbitrary it is to put certain barrel lengths under NFA a great argument is made to remove them. More people than you realize would find it ridiculous a stamp is required for an SBR or suppressor.

Silencers are not "hearing protection"

I am tired of hearing this stupid argument. You are never going to win this issue arguing from this perspective. Liberals and big government statists are never going to buy this argument.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCumia View Post
    Really? The same thing was said about Heller..
    Heller didn't do shit.

It said

"You have a right to own a gun"

"a gun" is not the same as "any gun"

This ruling gave enough wiggle room to ban basically any firearm other than a single shot firearm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Silencers are not "hearing protection"

I am tired of hearing this stupid argument. You are never going to win this issue arguing from this perspective. Liberals and big government statists are never going to buy this argument.
    I've converted several generally liberal minds on this topic, your argument is invalid.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Heller didn't do shit.

It said

"You have a right to own a gun"

"a gun" is not the same as "any gun"

This ruling gave enough wiggle room to ban basically any firearm other than a single shot firearm.
    I read the entire majority opinion on Heller and it sure as hell does not give enough wiggle room to ban anything other than a single shot firearm.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast