Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: How could we get suppressors off of the NFA?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just a thought: don't just write to the Reps, hit up your Senators as well. Get everybody talking about the benefit of noise reduction. The example I used was feral hogs, which are quickly becoming becoming a plague everywhere. Can't poison them, that would kill unintended targets. Can't shoot them with arrows; its just too slow. Oh, by the way: they don't just chew up everything in sight, they spread disease... Point out that we don't want to agitate neighbors who don't care for loud reports going off constantly. The subdivision that sprung up around a shooting range (happens everywhere), not just our hearing health, but those around us. Suppressors reduce concussion as well.

Highlight the benefits and get everybody talking about the benefits. The fact is that johnny killyoudead never uses a suppressor, which puts cans in an even more responsible light: the price isn't going to change, just availability and Johnny still won't waste his money on them; noise is terror. As crazy as this sounds, there are a ton of people who are irritated by us shooting our guns at the crack of dawn, or during their favorite tv show. This is a way to placate those people without their really knowing it. There are too many benefits to allowing suppressors to come off regulation to allow the negatives to put a hard stop to it. When we can get everybody talking about this, DC, your capitol, my capitol, even at the gas station on the corner, we can win. This can't just be carried by the NRA's legal team, it has to come from every shooting enthusiast and go to every politician we can think of. If that's too idealistic, so be it. What's more American that trying to do what's best for everybody?
    Last edited by Joelski; 11-07-15 at 09:45.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Just a thought: don't just write to the Reps, hit up your Senators as well. Get everybody talking about the benefit of noise reduction. The example I used was feral hogs, which are quickly becoming becoming a plague everywhere. Can't poison them, that would kill unintended targets. Can't shoot them with arrows; its just too slow. Oh, by the way: they don't just chew up everything in sight, they spread disease... Point out that we don't want to agitate neighbors who don't care for loud reports going off constantly. The subdivision that sprung up around a shooting range (happens everywhere), not just our hearing health, but those around us. Suppressors reduce concussion as well.

Highlight the benefits and get everybody talking about the benefits. The fact is that johnny killyoudead never uses a suppressor, which puts cans in an even more responsible light: the price isn't going to change, just availability and Johnny still won't waste his money on them; noise is terror. As crazy as this sounds, there are a ton of people who are irritated by us shooting our guns at the crack of dawn, or during their favorite tv show. This is a way to placate those people without their really knowing it. There are too many benefits to allowing suppressors to come off regulation to allow the negatives to put a hard stop to it. When we can get everybody talking about this, DC, your capitol, my capitol, even at the gas station on the corner, we can win. This can't just be carried by the NRA's legal team, it has to come from every shooting enthusiast and go to every politician we can think of. If that's too idealistic, so be it. What's more American that trying to do what's best for everybody?
    Talk about the money we will save from hearing damage.

Some people are beyond reason and reject any fragment of facts. But they will not stop us.

Smashing leftism and securing our future.

Feedback Score
    Just watch, we'll start pointing out the safety aspect of suppressors and next thing you know they'll go from being restricted to being required.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920